Test & Go Plus Plus

If I am understanding the new requirement for the re-introduction of this beauracatic nightmare, the required Insurance policy now has to cover the cost of a possible residence in a hotel if you test positive on Day 1 or Day 5.   Speaking to a contact in the Insurance world I was told that it is most unlikely that Insurance companies will do this and if they do be prepared for a hefty price increase of the policy.

Everything is focussed on the tourist.   Why can't those of us who live here longterm isolate at home?

Edited by Havenstreet1940
  • Haha 1

That was the original requirement for the US$100,000 insurance policy under the Certificate of Entry application. 

The US$50,000 requirement seems to be a legacy of that initial requirement. 

As you mentioned, everything is focused on the Tourist - I believe this is due to an utter lack of critical thought by those in the room holding such discussions.

In such discussions and meetings the ‘Boss’ makes a few statements, through Kraeng-Jai everyone agree’s no one asks questions or contradicts the ’silly stuff’... as a consequence, the stilly stuff ‘gets through’ at least for a few weeks while the media ridicules the policy and the ‘Boss’ back-pedals and holds a new meeting and the requirements are ‘flipped’.

The 1 night ’Test & Go’ makes perfect sense.... 

But, the addition of a Day 5 test is not too onerous, the idea that the 5th night has to be spent in a SHA ++ hotel is utter idiocy.

It's clear that the those in positions of decision making power are extremely fearful of the optics if someone tests positive and cannot be traced.  Yet they don’t care if that person has been out and about for the past 4 days !!!! (that person probably caught it while out and about). 

This requirement to stay Day 5 in a SHA ++ hotel is so utterly idiotic I wonder if even the fools approved the decision in the first place may not backpedal on this. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not seen anything official about what you wrote about.

I think he you already had a residence here they would allow you do a the self quarantine there. 

Thailand definitely succeeds in its utter absence of any clarity. 

While there is nothing ‘official’.....   and while domestic residents who test positive are now permitted (advised) to isolate at home, are ‘international arrivals’ not handled with a greater degree of attention, concern and paranoia such that any positive cases have to isolate in a ‘hospitel or Hospital’  ???

That was the case, the reason given that additional concern was applied due to the risk of ‘importing’ new variants of Covid-19. 

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

While there is nothing ‘official’.....   and while domestic residents who test positive are now permitted (advised) to isolate at home, are ‘international arrivals’ not handled with a greater degree of attention, concern and paranoia such that any positive cases have to isolate in a ‘hospitel or Hospital’  ???

If a person had proof of a residence here I think they may allow it but the problem might be transport to their residence.

I suspect it might of already been done but we have not heard about it.

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But, the addition of a Day 5 test is not too onerous, the idea that the 5th night has to be spent in a SHA ++ hotel is utter idiocy.

is it incumbent on the hotel to register tm30 on day 1 and again on day 5 and the "tourist" (condo owner me) registering the 2 return stays to my condo?

that would be 4 "notifications" in 6 days.

apologies if i've lost the plot.      

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not seen anything official about what you wrote about.

I think he you already had a residence here they would allow you do a the self quarantine there. 

May I therefore direct your attention to another media outlet which contains an update on yesterdays CCSA meeting and I quote ' The CCSA also announced that the compulsory insurance policies will need to cover ALL contingencies if you happen to test positive, including your additional accommodation costs.'

1 hour ago, Bvor said:

is it incumbent on the hotel to register tm30 on day 1 and again on day 5 and the "tourist" (condo owner me) registering the 2 return stays to my condo?

It was changed last year that a TM30 is only required for your main residence, not needed when just traveling around, staying in hotels or other residences for a short duration. If the hotels still want to do one, that's up to them but as long as you have one registered for your main residence, you won't be fined.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bvor said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

With the Day 5 test requirement it certainly not you who may have lost the plot !!! 

TM30 is only required of the owner / landlord to register you at your main place of residence - Thus if a TM30 has been filled out at any point in the last few years, there is no need to re-submit if you residence / permanent address as not changed. 

The TM28 was the foreigners responsibility to report themselves IF staying away from their residence for more than 24 hours - this requirement has been scrapped. 

Thus: It is required for your Landlord / house owner etc to report your place of residence once (TM30)

The waters are muddied because hotels also fill out this form - but its not your responsibility - Your TM30 from your original residence remains valid. 

22 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

All about control I assume.

Thats exactly what its about...  This is all about maintaining control so that authorities can ‘easily’ contact someone IF they test positive.....   its basically the Authorities being lazy....

Here’s why.... 

Recently, about a month ago, there have been a couple of ‘high profile’ stories where an Israeli guy ‘escaped’ (walked out) of his test & go hotel before receiving PCR results which were positive - there was a man hunt. 

Again, recently about three weeks ago there were some tourists (2 French, 2 Polish tourists, Swiss and a Norwegian) who had initially tested negative on their day 1 Test and Go PCR test, but they could not be located after their day 6 PCR results came back positive. 

In the case of the Norwegian guy there was a comical mix up whereby he’d bought a sim-card from 7-11, the staff helped install the SIM and credit - the guy asked for his new number and provided that as a point of contact at the day 6 test and go centre... But... the member of staff at 7-11 had given the tourist their own number not his new number. A comical snafu, but one which which left the Swiss tourist uncontactable after he’d tested positive on day 6. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1246439-norwegian-tourist-wanted-for-positive-covid-test-in-thailand-i-got-very-nervous/

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/6-european-tourists-found-who-disappeared-after-positive-covid-19-test

It's all a bit pathetic....   there really isn’t any need for a day 5 PCR test at all....   Just issue tourists an ATK and ask them to take it, IF positive to self isolate - thats it. Most will comply. 

Or, continue the existing ‘pink-slip’ system of a PCR test....   If people cannot be contacted after a negative result - Fine them !!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus if a TM30 has been filled out at any point in the last few years, there is no need to re-submit if you residence / permanent address as not changed. 

i have the receipt in my passport for my last tm30 in august 2019 re my condo address where i always stay when i visit LOS (on TR60 or visa exemption).

i may be wrong but my take on the ruling is that a TM30 for your main address is valid for the duration of your visa/entry approval and a new visa/entry approval will require another TM30.

i'm fed up with TIT incompetence and have just now decided that as i do not intend to visit any IO i will be ignoring further TM30 issues.

i will pay the fine if and when found guilty.   

11 minutes ago, Bvor said:
49 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus if a TM30 has been filled out at any point in the last few years, there is no need to re-submit if you residence / permanent address as not changed. 

i have the receipt in my passport for my last tm30 in august 2019 re my condo address where i always stay when i visit LOS (on TR60 or visa exemption).

i may be wrong but my take on the ruling is that a TM30 for your main address is valid for the duration of your visa/entry approval and a new visa/entry approval will require another TM30.

i'm fed up with TIT incompetence and have just now decided that as i do not intend to visit any IO i will be ignoring further TM30 issues.

i will pay the fine if and when found guilty.   

Mileage may vary.... 

My Wife and I filled out my first and only TM30 about 3 years ago (when there was news of things getting silly about TM30/28).

I’ve not bothered about it since, I’ve had different Visas, different extensions of stay, been in and out numerous times....  

I suspect as long as Immigration have an address on record, thats sufficient. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 2:13 PM, richard_smith237 said:

friend is triple jabbed and has just survived T&G hotel day 1 and is now in Petchabun with her dying mum (ICU lung cancer).

in the haste to get to LOS and spend final days with her mum, u tiny boutique hotel with 2 hr RT PCR test result and close to airport was booked for both day 1 and day 5 and TP approved.

she doesn't want to leave her mum alone and go back to BKK for day 5 test for fear of mum passing .

what do you reckon might be likely repercussions if she skipped hotel day 5 test and did the day 5 PCR test in Petchabun and advise T&G hotel of test result .

34 minutes ago, Bvor said:

what do you reckon might be likely repercussions if she skipped hotel day 5 test and did the day 5 PCR test in Petchabun and advise T&G hotel of test result .

She could try to do that but not sure it would be accepted.

To avoid the trip she might be able to arrange the test with a hotel closer to where she is at. She could do a search here for a SHAplus+ hotel. https://web.thailandsha.com/shaextraplus

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

She could try to do that but not sure it would be accepted.

thanks for reply UJ

nearest SHA appears to me to be phitsanulok and not worth further muddying the waters etc.

i was hopefully thinking petchabun hospital for day 5 PCR test and T&G hotel informed accordingly.

i reckon a valid PCR negative result from any relevant hospital/medical clinic should be fine.  

TIT most likely would disagree cos of hotel/hospital/insurance alliances and other kickbacks.

maybe best leave well enough alone and graap to the TP.