Norwegian tourist wanted for positive Covid test in Thailand: I got very nervous

webfact

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Kinda remind me of that Israeli guy a while back who was shamed, paraded and ostracized like a criminal exactly for the same thing, i guess being a Norwegian makes all the different...

What exactly is so special about being a tattooed Norwegian musclehead?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

"and adds that he also gave the hospital the address of the guesthouse he was staying at."

So why did it take three days to find him???

He was where he said he would be.

The usual laziness or stupidity, but probably a combination of both.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SmokeandIce said:

In my 62 years of life, I have never found that people with tattoos have a universal evil persona.  You really need to get out more.

Nor me, but, be that as it may, you can kind of get why the powers that be want to end this kind of ‘tourism’… tattooed wife-beater-wearing Vikings piling over to ravage and ‘defile’ their little sisters lol. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

"and adds that he also gave the hospital the address of the guesthouse he was staying at."

So why did it take three days to find him???

He was where he said he would be.

The usual laziness or stupidity, but probably a combination of both.

This....  its one of those ‘only in Thailand’ misunderstandings’.......  Quite hilarious and for any of us who’ve spend time here, understandable that staff get it completely wrong when he asked what his ’new number was’ after the staff installed his new Sim in his phone and they gave him the phone number to  the 7-11 !!!

Priceless... ????

he chose to buy a local SIM card to use during the holiday and he asked the staff at the local 7 eleven store to help with the installation. Afterward, he asked them what his new number was and he gave that number to the hospital. But it turned out that the staff at 7elleven had misunderstood him and instead given him the number to the 7 eleven store which explains why Ole did not receive a phone call. 

Its good to read that the misunderstanding was cleared up and he wasn’t ‘hunted down like a criminal’....

Was there ever a follow up with the Israeli guy once he’d arrived back home in his own country ? His side of the story ?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Where did the Vikings come from? 

He looks like one. 

It's not 100% that the Vikings had tattoos, but the stories also claim they wore eyeliner, so Ole need to pay a visit to the local beauty shop when he is released, if he was aiming for the Viking look. ????

https://scandinaviafacts.com/how-the-vikings-got-tattoos-and-why/

Many of the tattoos that we use here in Scandinavia with symbols from their era/history/religion looks cool though.

And today is Thursday.

The day named after Thor, which is also the day magic are supposed to work the best, so if Ole has any magic tricks in his book, today is the day to use them.

Because tomorrow is Friday named after Freya, which is a day for love, and it takes two to tango, so......

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Virt said:

It's not 100% that the Vikings had tattoos, but the stories also claim they wore eyeliner,

Thanks for that. Sounds like your from that neck of the woods.

I wasn't so much referring to his tatts but rather to his physique.

Looks like a muscular guy. 

The Vikings always seem to be portrayed that way.

Did they pillage and plunder...

Might have them mixed up with the Huns.

My history knowledge is minimal.

Edited by DrJack54