Female trucker hits another truck on the motorway and bursts into flames

webfact

22pm.jpg

Daily News caption: Truck trailer in flames after collision

The carnage continued on Thailand's roads last night when two 18 wheel trucks collided on a section of the Motorway (Route 7) heading towards Pattaya.

Highway Police 2 (Khao Khiaw) and rescue services found one truck ablaze and an injured woman.

She was Suwannadee the driver of the blazing truck who was rushed to Laem Chabang Hospital with serious injuries after she was burned and thrown from her cab, reported Daily News.

22pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Along the road was a second truck with damage to the rear.

Driver Saenthong, 48, said he had stopped to relieve himself and had just got back in his cab when the other truck-trailer slammed into him. 

Investigations continue. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-22

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I wonder if the 48 year-old male truck driver, who stopped to relieve himself on a motorway, has ever been tested for diabetes?

Why for diabetes ? maybe a bowel problem perhaps he urgently needed a dump? could have kept a bottle in the truck for a frequent peeing problem.

Perhaps a glucose test for diabetes and a colonoscopy a CBC and drugs test, exercise stress test ECG , abdominal ultrasound, Psa and while hes there a full eye check ????

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, steven100 said:

did the truck driver not pull off to the left far enough while stopped and was therefore still half on the highway   ?

did the truck driver not put his hazard flashers on when he stopped ?

did the truck driver turn off all lights so essentially his truck was dark  and not really visible ?

many unanswered questions .... 

Exactly. More or less. The two photos at the scene show the larger truck with container parked in far right traffic lane. Unless it was moved there after the collision (which would be odd, ya think?), seems he just parked it on the highway....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big dendrobenaes said:

no investigation is needed.......she ran into the back of the other truck.......so she is at FAULT !!!!

Nope....  He stopped on a motorway....

The driver of the truck which stopped (to urinate) created the dangerous situation and is surely accountable in part for committing such an act. 

Meanwhile the driver of the other truck (the female) impacted a stationary object, driving without due care and attention?

• Like 2

This story also hi lights the lack of facilities available when driving around Thailand, no service or rest areas, you basically take pot luck that should you need a toilet a reasonable distance then one be available a a petrol/diesel station which will be clean and maintained, there's never any loo roll either, we always keep a couple of rolls in the car when travelling.

Why when they build a new motorway they don't include service areas as in Europe & the USA I have no idea.

And I've been unlucky on some occasions, the toilets have been disgusting.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

This story also hi lights the lack of facilities available when driving around Thailand, no service or rest areas, you basically take pot luck that should you need a toilet a reasonable distance then one be available a a petrol/diesel station which will be clean and maintained, there's never any loo roll either, we always keep a couple of rolls in the car when travelling.

Why when they build a new motorway they don't include service areas as in Europe & the USA I have no idea.

And I've been unlucky on some occasions, the toilets have been disgusting.

I think that’s stretching a point, I often see selfish idiots stopping to <deleted> at the side of the road just a short distance from perfectly adequate off-road (safe) facilities. 

As as for toilet roll, most have bum guns. Why spread <deleted> around with tissue (which is extremely damaging for the environment) when you can wash it away?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

did the truck driver not pull off to the left far enough while stopped and was therefore still half on the highway   ?

did the truck driver not put his hazard flashers on when he stopped ?

did the truck driver turn off all lights so essentially his truck was dark  and not really visible ?

Was the other driver on her phone?

Was the other driver having the famed Thai microsleep?

Was the other driver checking her hair in the mirror?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orinoco said:

More wacky races on Thailand roads.

HGV drivers are supposed to be more careful and experienced drivers than the rest of the population using the roads.

evidently not.

That applies to most countries, not sure about Thailand. And if there is such a lawful demand many companies would ignore it anyway.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

This story also hi lights the lack of facilities available when driving around Thailand.

Not really, it just highlights the utter lack of thought and regard for others... 

Many on Thailands roads are utterly self centred and do what they want without any consideration to risk or inconvenience to others...... 

-----------

I recall a couple of stories: 

- Friends Wife, driving, we need to pop into a 7-11. She just stops, gets out. I ask what she is doing? she’s blocking the cars behind. So what, they can go around me, was her reply.

- Brother in Law, in central Bangkok. Stops his car to nip out to a shop. Others are forced to go around him. He doesn’t care. 

.... Many drivers just do what they want when they want. 

A couple of years ago there was a story of a guy (a policeman) who’d parked on the side of the road to sleep didn’t even bother pulling off the road... his vehicle was hit, he was killed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

The headline would suggest that the female trucker burst into flames after she hit another truck. I’m hoping it was her truck, though, that burst into flames, and not her.

Probably quite a 'Hot' Lady

7 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I think that’s stretching a point, I often see selfish idiots stopping to <deleted> at the side of the road just a short distance from perfectly adequate off-road (safe) facilities. 

As as for toilet roll, most have bum guns. Why spread <deleted> around with tissue (which is extremely damaging for the environment) when you can wash it away?

Err, cos I like to dry the usually soaking wet seat before I put my bum on it, is that okay ? 

People and their pre conceived ideas, sheesh.

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I wonder if the 48 year-old male truck driver, who stopped to relieve himself on a motorway, has ever been tested for diabetes?

I wonder if he had pulled over onto the shoulder or if he just parked in the road ??