Question on TM30

Hi, 

We recently found out that our condo host did not file tm30. Before we didn't know that exists, so we didn't ask for it. 

Now we want to extend our visa exemption and this is becoming an issue. Our hosts asks us for 1600 Baht in order to file the TM30, but we have heard that other people just went to a hotel that does the TM30 properly a night before the extension. 

Now im wondering: if we do that, will we get in trouble for having a 'gap' in our tm30 report history? 

40 minutes ago, Nils99 said:

Now im wondering: if we do that, will we get in trouble for having a 'gap' in our tm30 report history?

Yes do that.

Your current hotel is a ....

Check into new place and make sure that they will do a TM30 on the spot and provide you with screenshot.

The gap you ask about is of no concern.

Which immigration office. 

For standard extension the TM30 might not be required however personally I would like to have one. 

• Thanks 1

Hi,

If you are on Facebook, join a group called "Thai Visa Advice"

These guys have all the right answers. Be sure to include where you are.

From what I know in the past, it is the responsibility of the hotel/homeowner to file the TM30. However, the rules have changed since I did my last TM30, but you shouldn't have to pay anyone for it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Noah K said:

it is the responsibility of the hotel/homeowner to file the TM30. However, the rules have changed since I did my last TM30, but you shouldn't have to pay anyone for it

It is their responsibility. 

Also you don't pay anything.

When does your permit expire?

Best to wait till after Jan 25.

Immigration offices will be very busy with covid extensions. 

Edit: thought I was quoting the OP. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow, thank you guys for those many replies! 

We were really worrying about the entire process and preparing to pay our hosts, even tho it feels like they are taking advantage of us.. 

Our permit expires on February 1st and we are in Pattaya so we will go to the immigration office in Jomtien. 

We are trying to call up a hotel nearby to ask them if they file the TM30 and provide us with a copy of it, to make sure this goes smoothly.

Someone warned us that we might have to pay a late submission penalty, do you think this is likely? 

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It is their responsibility. 

Also you don't pay anything.

When does your permit expire?

Best to wait till after Jan 25.

Immigration offices will be very busy with covid extensions. 

well, I am here on my third visa extension of my O-A retirement visa. I just filed my extension last week. Everytime you change where you live, you should change your TM30. You can do it yourself. There is a form that can be filled out out and signed by you and you landlord. You will also need a signed copy of his/her ID and a signed copy of his or her address book. Then you can take all three to immigration and register at get a stamped TM30. If you want to see what the for looks like, contact me via line ID: fun2balive

5 minutes ago, Noah K said:

well, I am here on my third visa extension of my O-A retirement visa. I just filed my extension last week. Everytime you change where you live, you should change your TM30. You can do it yourself. There is a form that can be filled out out and signed by you and you landlord. You will also need a signed copy of his/her ID and a signed copy of his or her address book. Then you can take all three to immigration and register at get a stamped TM30. If you want to see what the for looks like, contact me via line ID: fun2balive

Thank you for that, Noah. 

We asked our host for the copies, but they said they refuse to provide them. 

Edit: The only option they give us is to file the Form themselves for 1600baht

Edited by Nils99

10 minutes ago, Nils99 said:

Someone warned us that we might have to pay a late submission penalty, do you think this is likely?

That would only happen if you attended immigration without a TM30. Even then might not be fined. Just told to go away and obtain your TM30.

Obtain TM30 as outlined above and then apply for your extension. 

If it all gets too much then just contact KeyVisa Pattaya (Darren)  and discuss your options.

Having said that, easy to do yourself. 

Edited by DrJack54

Just now, DrJack54 said:

That would only happen if you attended immigration without a TM30. Even then might not be fined. 

Obtain TM30 as outlined above and then apply for your extension. 

Thank you so much! 

We actually attended immigration without it at first, and we weren't fined, because we said we didn't know we needed this information and we will try to reach the hosts in order to get it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nils99 said:

Thank you so much! 

We actually attended immigration without it at first, and we weren't fined, because we said we didn't know we needed this information and we will try to reach the hosts in order to get it. 

The hosts are being difficult.

Many Airbnb are similar. 

Clowns playing landlord and not meeting their obligations.

So many similar posts to yours..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The hosts are being difficult.

Many Airbnb are similar. 

Clowns playing landlord and not meeting their obligations.

So many similar posts to yours..

What surprises me is that from what I have heard it is not that difficult to submit the form since it can even be done online and it's free. So I don't fully understand why hosts don't just do it.. Its not like it's difficult to do. Maybe they just want to earn some extra money from confused tourists 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nils99 said:

. Maybe they just want to earn some extra money from confused tourists 

Some people suggest that some hosts (mistakingly) think that their undeclared income would become an issue if they started doing TM30.

Out of interest is your hotel a typical hotel or rather (my guess) a private owner or representative of owner sub letting. 

Typical is an Airbnb or condo with private ownership. 

22 minutes ago, Nils99 said:

What surprises me is that from what I have heard it is not that difficult to submit the form since it can even be done online and it's free. So I don't fully understand why hosts don't just do it.. Its not like it's difficult to do. Maybe they just want to earn some extra money from confused tourists 

Apparently non hotels can't register online but they should do manually no excuse

26 minutes ago, Nils99 said:

if they do that and report you, they must pay tax. thats what they dont want. I have a friend renting her home to farangs and thats how i know. And asking money from you is also wrong and illegal because it is free. The only reason why they ask money from you can be because they know IO will charge them 2000 baht because they didnt do TM30 in time but late. 

if i were you i would find a new place and move and do all tm30. It sounds like your landlord is useless and the only thing he wants is money and not care you.

• Like 2

I has a similar problem .

My Condo had no idea what a TM30 was .

I went to a guest house who was owned by a felang /Thai couple and knew the process .

I booked in for the night and she drove me to immigration and filled out the TM30 form and handed it in and I got my TM30 slip .

I didn't even stay in the Guest house for the night .

Think about that , I needed to tell immigration of where I am staying and I had to give them the place of where I wasn't staying , because they wouldn't accept the address of where I was staying .

Which defeats the point of the TM30

• Like 1