How to obtain a thai driving licence

HKexpat

1 hour ago, HKexpat said:

Thank you, I was also considering this although was unsure whether the HK IDP would be invalid as soon as I leave HK as I have to notify them that I have changed my address within 72 hours.

You don't need an IDP to convert a Non-Thai license to a Thai license.

17 hours ago, norbra said:

I had a Thai license that expired while I was in Australia can I get a new Thai license showing my Australian license? Mo chit is probably my nearest DLT

What was the expiry date on your Thai DL....note that there's a 12 month grace period for renewing it after expiry.

If it expired more than 12 months ago, then you're back to square one, meaning you will need to present you Aust DL and undertake the usual physical tests (excluding both the practical & theory tests which should be waived if you have a current Aust DL).

• Thanks 1

Sorry if in wrong area

I knew last year there were a bookings website but thing getting better in 2022
My Thai drivers license matures in May 2022 and yes before I used to go in person in Kanachanaburi, DLT in my province and yes think have to get a doctors certificate that my health is good and fit to drive.
Any other information do I need and yes was hearing in 2021 the booking process was not clear but talking about Bangkok but not Kanchanaburi.
Appreciate any advice and help and thanks

54 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Sorry if in wrong area

I knew last year there were a bookings website but thing getting better in 2022
My Thai drivers license matures in May 2022 and yes before I used to go in person in Kanachanaburi, DLT in my province and yes think have to get a doctors certificate that my health is good and fit to drive.
Any other information do I need and yes was hearing in 2021 the booking process was not clear but talking about Bangkok but not Kanchanaburi.
Appreciate any advice and help and thanks

Yes my province has always been Kanchanaburi and just wondering it there offices are open but surely they must be but the usual day to day precautions.