Lopburi trader in "miracle escape" after pick-up trashes her shop - saved by amulet round her neck

webfact

2pm.jpg

Daily News caption: Miracle escape

Daily News reported that a 56 year old female trader in Lopburi remarkable survived with barely a scratch after a pick-up plowed into her stall destroying it and a roadside sala (pavilion) behind. 

The "luang pu" amulet around her neck was credited with saving her.

The incident happened on Route 3196 between Km markers 55 and 56 in Ban Mee district.

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Four people were injured. 

Police found driver Soifah, 21, in an agitated state with minor injuries. 

She said she had been coming from downtown Lopburi with her mum when she hit a pothole and lost control.

She hit the sala as well as the trader's pick-up. Her mum was taken to hospital.

Amphan the Som Tam, chicken and pork ball trader - who had now become 46 in the Daily News story - said she'd been there with relatives. 

She saw the disaster about to happen and yelled. 

She and her elder sister were only slightly hurt from tiles off the sala roof.

She was in no doubt about the amulet around her neck for her deliverance. 

The media predictably said in their headline and caption that this was a miracle escape. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-24

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'm flabbergasted to see that still, find the need to state the obvious and make statements such as "amulet has no part in saving life" like it has to be said...

How do you know ? Depends what you believe in right ?

16 hours ago, actonion said:

Maybe she should try walking across the Motorway  to see if this Amulet stuff really works 

9 hours ago, tompelli said:

The amulet is useless against tiles.

16 hours ago, actonion said:

Maybe she should try walking across the Motorway  to see if this Amulet stuff really works 

I can quote many stupid farangs inhere but maybe you all can learn a lesson in "the power of believe"!

Believe is so different for any person but still so powerfull for those who believe. Instead of mocking amulets or what ever and at least try to accept why this is so important for them.

1 hour ago, ChrisP24 said:

Amulet, seatbelts/airbags, luck - - no harm in hedging by having all three. 

I wear one of these when I ride my motorbike.  I don't have an airbag, but the monk on the back gives me a little cushion if I get hit from behind.

image.jpeg.1d086d9e95e955e93228538b691f6c0d.jpeg

18 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I wear one of these when I ride my motorbike.  I don't have an airbag, but the monk on the back gives me a little cushion if I get hit from behind.

image.jpeg.1d086d9e95e955e93228538b691f6c0d.jpeg

Now there is a thought.   Monks tend to be skinny but there are some other options out there with even more padding.  

On 1/24/2022 at 9:41 AM, ezzra said:

I'm flabbergasted to see that still, find the need to state the obvious and make statements such as "amulet has no part in saving life" like it has to be said...

I'm flabbergasted to see that still, find the need (sic) that people miss the obvious p!ss take.