Visa exempt conversion to 90 day Non-Imm O for retirement possible in Chonburi?

Is it possible to do this conversion at Jomtien Immigration or is a trip to Chang Wattana required?

Has anyone successfully done this recently?

Also if anyone has a list of requirements and forms to fill out, much appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by neytil

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the non-o visa at any office but it has to be done at the designated office for where you are living.

You can apply at Jomtien immigration. 

Requirements are here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

Thank you Ubonjoe.  So based on your attachment, it looks like the TM87 form is required.  Also wondering about that 3 months of rental receipts requirement?  What if the applicant is staying in a hotel?

Edited by neytil

26 minutes ago, neytil said:

So based on your attachment, it looks like the TM87 form is required.

That is the form you will use. Download: TM87 Application For Non Immigrant Visa76.15 kB · 682 downloads

The TM86 is for entries with a tourist visa.

27 minutes ago, neytil said:

Also wondering about that 3 months of rental receipts requirement?  What if the applicant is staying in a hotel?

They do not enforce 3 months rental agreement unless you have been in the country for a long time. You will not be asked for since you entered visa exempt and still staying in hotel.

@ubonjoe 

I will attempt same next month in Udon.  Is it possible to apply for 1 year extension at same time as applying for visa?  I will need leave Thailand for work before the last 30 days of the 90 allowed by visa.   Hopefully, will return often this year if they end the bloody quarantine rules.

2 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

@ubonjoe 

I will attempt same next month in Udon.  Is it possible to apply for 1 year extension at same time as applying for visa?  I will need leave Thailand for work before the last 30 days of the 90 allowed by visa.   Hopefully, will return often this year if they end the bloody quarantine rules.

If you have proof you are leaving the country they will do the extension earlier than 30 days.

I am sure they would not do it on the day the non-o visa is issued.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have proof you are leaving the country they will do the extension earlier than 30 days.

I am sure they would not do it on the day the non-o visa is issued.

I only ask because had an agent do it all on same day for me 8 or 9 years ago.

It is worth asking them any way.  

Thank you!!

10 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

I will need leave Thailand for work before the last 30 days of the 90 allowed by visa.

They might do it 45 days early with evidence your flying out.

How early do you actually need to do the extension. 

How long is your trip out.

Why not push back the non O and extension.

Enter again after trip visa exempt and do it all then

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

They might do it 45 days early with evidence your flying out.

How early do you actually need to do the extension. 

How long is your trip out.

Why not push back the non O and extension.

Enter again after trip visa exempt and do it all then

Well, I just don't know.

I have a break and want to visit my babies after not seeing them for 6 months.  I will be called back to work when needed, maybe 3 weeks maybe 8 weeks or anything in between.  

So, conceivable, I could enter visa exempt, stay 3 weeks and return again after 2 weeks then repeat the process, covid entry rules allowing.

There was a time too many visa exempt entries was frowned upon so need to try keep ahead of the game.

Of course post covid we will have to see how all develops.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the non-o visa at any office but it has to be done at the designated office for where you are living.

You can apply at Jomtien immigration. 

Requirements are here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

"You can apply for the non-o visa at any office but it has to be done at the designated office for where you are living."

That seems contradictory - I don't understand.

Apply any office but issued by one's local office?

10 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

That is 2 separate things. One that a person can apply at any office in the county. There are no offices that will not issue them. But it can only be done at you local immigration office.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

"You can apply for the non-o visa at any office but it has to be done at the designated office for where you are living."

That seems contradictory - I don't understand.

Playing semantics.

You apply for the non O at immigration office where your living..

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

There was a time too many visa exempt entries was frowned upon so need to try keep ahead of the game.

That would not apply in your case.

The pattern of visa exempt plus extension followed by exit Thailand (briefly) and return....

Wash and repeat.

That is not your pattern..

No need to rush the non O and extension. When that happens you can buy a multi reentry permit. Exit and return as often as you wish.