Documents required to renew UK passport in Thailand

The UK government website is a bit confusing regarding this. At most, it seems you need proof of identity (old passport can be used for this) AND proof of residence. For the latter, as a tourist, the only thing I have for this is the TM30, but since it's in Thai language, does it work?

13 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

https://www.richardbarrow.com/2019/06/a-quick-guide-to-renewing-your-british-passport-in-bangkok/

You may find this link useful.

They want proof of address in English. 

Do you have any formal type mail you have received from UK 

or labels from Lazada deliveries., the more you can show the better. 

Yeah thanks I've seen that link. I'm reluctant to try and wing it regarding address evidence. I have a (short term) rental contract in English with my landlord, so maybe that's enough. As a backup I could also bring my TM30 and make use of the translation service mentioned in the other reply's vfsglobal link

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you through the steps here you will find everything you need. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Yeah thanks, I've been through all that. I also phoned the hotline which was totally useless because it just consisted of a person reading out the website.

Edited by marcardar

They accepted my "Rental Contract" from my landlord. I brought the original and a colour photocopy. The date field (next to his signature), had not been filled but they didn't seem to care/notice. I also brought along my TM30 just in case the rental contract was not sufficient, but I didn't end up showing that so still none-the-wiser if that would have worked. I'd previously contacted some UK passport renewal agent who'd insisted it isn't accepted.