Crash helmet is too tight around the jaw...

MaiDong

50 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly this....     

Some of the higher end helmets (i.e. Shoei) can be professionally fitted (which is not exactly a tasking effort), the inner liner is removed and the padding changed to thicker, thinker pads, adjusted, altered etc to achieve a perfect fit. 

The same can be achieved with any helmet IF the inner liner can be removed and some of the higher density foam ‘shaved back’ which should not significantly impact performance. 

Yeah my HC2 helmet fits my bonce great but not enough padding in the front side chin areas so 1 spongy washing up pad each side under lining does the trick. 

1 minute ago, MaiDong said:

Yes, that's exactly what I've said I'm going to do in my OP and in reply to some other posters, but also in my OP I was asking if anybody here has had similar problems with their spouses crash helmets, and what helmets they found that fitted 'local' face shapes.

As far as I know is only me that wears a helmet in our family unless they go to the main town and they wear all sorts of rubbish helmets.

You canonly try different makes and maybe get lucky as said high expensive helmets do different shapes and sizes.

My HS2 helmet from a Honda shop fits perfect but I still needed to pad some more in places.

I suggest you try HJC.  I have two full face helmets, O'Neil and HJC.  The O'Neil is quite tight around my face and lower half of my head, the HJC is much looser in this area.   Both helmets are intended for the same sized head, according to their sizing guides.

6 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I suggest you try HJC.  I have two full face helmets, O'Neil and HJC.  The O'Neil is quite tight around my face and lower half of my head, the HJC is much looser in this area.   Both helmets are intended for the same sized head, according to their sizing guides.

Excellent, thank you, HJC will be the first helmet we try in the shop, it wouldn't have been my first choice to try, so your recommendation may have saved me half an hour of farting around with other helmets.

• Like 1