Thailand’s 2021 corruption standing drops six places to 110th out of 180 countries

webfact

12 hours ago, spermwhale said:

So much for the presence for starting the last coup. Corruption has worsened ever since moron led the junta and has worsened further since he was  "elected." 

waiting for the TAT press release.......

5 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

I said that the article is about corruption PERCEPTIONS. It's not a measurement of actual corruption. Apology accepted ????

Well I'll stick to what they say themselves:

WHAT WE DO

We hold the powerful and corrupt to account, by exposing the systems and networks that enable corruption.

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

I said that the article is about corruption PERCEPTIONS. It's not a measurement of actual corruption. Apology accepted ????

corruption is difficult to qualify, so its perception is measured instead. if your standard is actual court convictions of corruption, then you are relying on that country's judicial system to NOT be corrupt! as we know, judges in corrupt countries are relatively corrupted, so the courts with the least corruption convictions mean very little in a comparison.

as the saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire, but the fire isn't always seen so the smoke is measured instead.

9 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

corruption is difficult to qualify, so its perception is measured instead. if your standard is actual court convictions of corruption, then you are relying on that country's judicial system to NOT be corrupt! as we know, judges in corrupt countries are relatively corrupted, so the courts with the least corruption convictions mean very little in a comparison.

as the saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire, but the fire isn't always seen so the smoke is measured instead.

exactly.

3 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

So what I said was right...

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well I'll stick to what they say themselves:

WHAT WE DO

We hold the powerful and corrupt to account, by exposing the systems and networks that enable corruption.

Again, thats not what I said nor referenced too

On 1/25/2022 at 10:04 PM, Chelseafan said:

The article is not about corruption. It's about corruption PERCEPTION

Here's the website

Presumably it's very difficult to get figures on actual corruption from corrupt countries so they have to rely on perception. That may be as important as actual corruption. If you don't know it's happening you might be affected by it but you won't know that's the reason. If you think you're a victim of corruption then it will probably have a negative affect even if it isn't as bad as you think.