Forum upgrade in progress! ×

EcoClear - Coarse vs Fine

FarangRimPing

The specs for my filter (Emaux V900) say either 4 (25kg) bags of Coarse EcoClear or 11 (25kg) bags of Fine EcoClear. (I am convinced EcoClear is the best media based on what I've read in this forum.)

1. It seems that the price per bag is the same for each, so why would I not use the coarse rather than the fine?

2. Is there any advantage to using more, eg, 5 bags of coarse instead of 4?

Thank you.

10 hours ago, sappersrest said:

3 course media and  8 fine , 11 bags in total if i am not correct the official supplier will corect me.

Make sure it is reycycled plate glass ,  other wise you may not get what you expect , beware imitattions are about

Spot on!

The coarse is to cover the laterals! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in the pool business all my life and am 72 years old now.  Forget sand (3  years max life) - forget Ecoclear (6 years life) - Zelbrite 5 years then EASILY re-generate with salt water overnight for 5 years more and so on.... BUT backwash sand weekly (waste of water, salt & chemicals) - backwash Zelbrite one time every 4 to 6 weeks - filter throughput is higher and faster because if filer user 100 kilos of sand you only use 75 kilos of Zelbrite.  Zelbrite takes out smaller particles than all other media and removes chloramines, some bacteria and some viruses (chlamydia) PM me for my prices and delivery anywhere in Thailand....

Soimage.png.b70da40171778c1da71900500cef5762.png

From bob "The pool Professor"

PS V series emaux are old models now, so are you sure your existing filter is ok for at least 5 more years?  How long have you had it?

5 minutes ago, bobholds said:

I've been in the pool business all my life and am 72 years old now.  Forget sand (3  years max life) - forget Ecoclear (6 years life) - Zelbrite 5 years then EASILY re-generate with salt water overnight for 5 years more and so on.... BUT backwash sand weekly (waste of water, salt & chemicals) - backwash Zelbrite one time every 4 to 6 weeks - filter throughput is higher and faster because if filer user 100 kilos of sand you only use 75 kilos of Zelbrite.  Zelbrite takes out smaller particles than all other media and removes chloramines, some bacteria and some viruses (chlamydia) PM me for my prices and delivery anywhere in Thailand....

Soimage.png.b70da40171778c1da71900500cef5762.png

From bob "The pool Professor"

PS V series emaux are old models now, so are you sure your existing filter is ok for at least 5 more years?  How long have you had it?

I have used Zeolite for 8 yrs and the following 6 yrs "Eco Clear" recycled plate glass and in my experience Eco does the same and more than Zeolite. (Zelbrite is a brand) Eco doesn't hold onto Biofim where as Zeolite does! But there is a big distinction between recycled plate glass and recycled bottle glass!

Edited by Bagwain

45 minutes ago, Bagwain said:

But there is a big distinction between recycled plate glass and recycled bottle glass!

Can you provide any proof other than your own claims?

And no, sale brochures or producer's ads can not be considered as a proof!

4 hours ago, unheard said:

Can you provide any proof other than your own claims?

And no, sale brochures or producer's ads can not be considered as a proof!

Just  couple of recent builds/Refurbs!

20211015_093810_1024x498.jpg

20211018_103634_1024x498.jpg

1614398058384.jpg

1624540657975_1024x768 (2)_1024x596.jpg

20201203_131037_1600x777.jpg

IMG-20200705-WA0007.jpg

3.jpg

1611817443910.jpg

1590455699305.jpg

Edited by Bagwain