Short haired cop impersonators pick on the wrong people for a shake down - two other cops!

webfact

5 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

"Mummy, I want to be a policeman when I grow up"...  "Shut up son, your too stupid to be a policeman"   "But mum,  can I buy  some police   things at the local shop and pretend then ?"

... ahh, that's 'impersonating' then, alright.

But, but ... come to think of it, can't see much of a difference to a 'real' (:cheesy:) copper then ... ok, get it, probably that's why they're so hard to make out, the fake ones I mean, 555 ...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

5 of the dumbest men in Thailand.

Narrowing the field down to only 5 million wasn't easy I'm sure. Going from there to 5 must be a lifetime endeavor.

Good luck, but I have to say others have tried and failed.

Can we all agree to just settle on the current administration in office? That would probably be a universally acceptable compromise.

That said, everybody needs a hobby I suppose.????

• Like 2

I suspect this is more common that we realise.... 

I’ve been at a pub when a guy pulled the ‘I’m a Thai Policeman stunt’.....    it backfired, one of my mates drinking with us at the time was a Thai Policeman !!

Quite some time ago now (over 15 years or so)  while in a Taxi at about 4am I was pulled over by BiB (riding pillion on a motorcycle) in a small dark sub-soi...  I opened my window 1”.....  They asked for my passport, I said no, they asked for ID, I said no - they hesitated, seemed to loose interest and ride off and that was that... But I always wondered if they were genuine police or just chancers... 

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 8:26 AM, RandiRona said:

Good, we cant have normal civilian impersonate and shake down other civilians, that job is only to be done by trained cops....

Trained cops?? In Thailand?? Certainly not on the roads.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect this is more common that we realise.... 

I’ve been at a pub when a guy pulled the ‘I’m a Thai Policeman stunt’.....    it backfired, one of my mates drinking with us at the time was a Thai Policeman !!

Quite some time ago now (over 15 years or so)  while in a Taxi at about 4am I was pulled over by BiB (riding pillion on a motorcycle) in a small dark sub-soi...  I opened my window 1”.....  They asked for my passport, I said no, they asked for ID, I said no - they hesitated, seemed to loose interest and ride off and that was that... But I always wondered if they were genuine police or just chancers... 

I have asked this question before and never had a straight answer, can a Thai policeman who is not an IO ask to see your passport? I did read somewhere that only a high ranking officer, not sure which rank there are that many, can actually ask to see your passport.

• Like 1