New passport and TM30?

My old passport has expired so I am getting a new one. When I receive my new passport - what do I need to do in terms of TM30? Does my landlord need to file a new TM30 or is there a way to update the old one with my new passport number?

I have tried to search for my TM30 in both the app and the website but it does not find anything even though I have received a username and passport and a receipt of the old TM30. Any ideas of what to do?

Thanks!

As always, it might depend which office you report at. When I went in to Rayong Imm they simply took the old TM30 and stapled it in to the new passport. Obviously, it still shows my old passport number, but that is referenced in the stamps they put in the new document.

If I were you I wouldn't go bothering your landlord until you find out what they do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think they would want a new TM30 report. The old one has your name, TM6 number on it and the only different is the passport number.

They will change your passport number in their records when you have your stamps transferred.

Do you think they will give me an updated TM30 receipt as well? I ask because neither the app or the TM30 website works. Or no records are found when I search. However, I have a physical receipt from when the owner did the TM30 by post.

3 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

As always, it might depend which office you report at. When I went in to Rayong Imm they simply took the old TM30 and stapled it in to the new passport. Obviously, it still shows my old passport number, but that is referenced in the stamps they put in the new document.

If I were you I wouldn't go bothering your landlord until you find out what they do.

My immigration office is CW in BKK. I hope they would do the same here.

Your old passport expired already? Your permit of stay must have expired as well... And you say: when I get my new passport, meaning you probably didn't get it yet.

Aren't you currently on overstay? Am I missing something here? Seems more important than TM30 issues to me. Or maybe you're not in Thailand currently?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Your old passport expired already? Your permit of stay must have expired as well... And you say: when I get my new passport, meaning you probably didn't get it yet.

Aren't you currently on overstay? Am I missing something here? Seems more important than TM30 issues to me. Or maybe you're not in Thailand currently?

My passport was only valid for 5 years. I am on an Elite visa. No overstay.

3 minutes ago, lisaflisa said:

My passport was only valid for 5 years. I am on an Elite visa. No overstay.

Dont follow.

Your PE permission of stay is for 12 months and then needs either reentry or report to immigration.

I'm with @BKKTRAVELER confused.

Trust me PE visa holders can be on overstay.

You do not have a 5 year permission of stay. 

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Dont follow.

Your PE permission of stay is for 12 months and then needs either reentry or report to immigration.

I'm with @BKKTRAVELER confused.

Trust me PE visa holders can be on overstay.

You do not have a 5 year permission of stay. 

It is really off topic but my PE is valid for 5 years. I get a 1 year stamp each time I enter the country. Since the pandemic I have done the 1 year extensions in CW instead of traveling out and in again. However, this time I will have a new passport because my old one is expiring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisaflisa said:

It is really off topic but my PE is valid for 5 years. I get a 1 year stamp each time I enter the country. Since the pandemic I have done the 1 year extensions in CW instead of traveling out and in again. However, this time I will have a new passport because my old one is expiring.

Great.

Just be more clear in future. 

As for TM30 file one if your change you address. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

I did the same few weeks ago---sent my old PP to BKK for a NEW one---thru thai post--mail

took about 2-3 weeks and took old+new PPs to CNX immig and they made me copy EVERY page of OLD PP and ten transferred my old stamp to NEW PP......they attached old dep card and old TM30

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think they would want a new TM30 report. The old one has your name, TM6 number on it and the only different is the passport number.

They will change your passport number in their records when you have your stamps transferred.

yep   did my few weeks ago--old to new PP==transferred stamp and attached tm30 and dep card

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lisaflisa said:

So you never updated or filed a new TM30 when you changed your passport?

i got the TM30 in nov 2021---never had one in the past--came back to my old apt

the manager guy asked for my PP and took it to CNX immig--came back with the tm30

sent my old PP to bkk --got new one and went to immig and they transferred stamp--and tm30+dep card from old pp to new pp.....just moved the current info to new PP

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

confirmed --did mine at CNX immig few weeks ago with my new PP

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lisaflisa said:

Ok, great! It's just that at first you said your passport had already expired and you were waiting for the new one. I felt I needed to warn you about that.

Just piece of advice, Elite will only book an immigration appointment to affix your Elite sticker into your new passport once you send them a picture of your new passport. So, make sure to receive your new passport at least a couple of weeks before your current one expires and contact Elite early enough. A friend of mine had his new passport late due to Covid, received it a few days before his old one expired but Elite needed more time to book an appointment and he ended up on overstay for a few days and had to pay the fine. Off topic, but might be useful for you.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why do you even have a TM30 in your passport. 

He has a receipt for one that may of been done long ago. That is how some offices do it.

I have never filed a TM30 report but the receipt for one was put in my passport when I applied for my extension last year. It is all in Thai except for my name. I assume they though I should have one in my passport to prove my address that is shown on it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He has a receipt for one that may of been done long ago. That is how some offices do it.

I have never filed a TM30 report but the receipt for one was put in my passport when I applied for my extension last year. It is all in Thai except for my name. I assume they though I should have one in my passport to prove my address that is shown on it.

yep  sounds about right--all in thai and is a strip of paper they stapled into my PP--like my dep card