current ATK policies

tgw

I have been asked from abroad what the current policies by restaurants and malls are regarding ATK test.

So how does it look like at the moment in Central Festival and Terminal 21 ?

Is an ATK test needed to access the mall, or individual restaurants inside?

How about restaurants outside malls, in the rest of the city?

Does anyone know if Hat Sai Kaew (beach at the Navy base) is open to visitors?

Thank you

As above: never needed more than a temp check to enter convenience stores/malls etc. all over Thailand. Heaven help!

In the very beginning some were strict in requiring to register on a paper list or with the Thai Chana app. But also long forgotten.

Mask and temp check. That's it.

And the idea of needing an ATK test to enter bar "restaurants" in Pattaya had been enforced very loosely and now seems to have been dropped altogether?

Some exceptions possible. There was a certain club at Treetown which was plagued with the need to check proof of vaccination or do an ATK test near the spot.

Maybe a local can tell about the current situation (own observations from around New year until Jan 4).

Edited by KhunBENQ

My gym (Virginactive) required proof of vaccines when they reopened. The Sphere (hiso True Coffee Shop only for hi-spenders on True mobile/internet/TV accounts–I go as friend’s guest), started asking for vaccines proof after an employee case

The ''novelty'' of bars and restaurants requiring ATK tests in Pattaya seems to have quickly worn off.

Three weeks ago, most bars had signs up saying ''no test - no entry''.  Some were asking to see tests taken in the last three days or were selling tests there and then.  Most of those signs have now gone.

This week, nobody is bothering any more.  I have been in various bars in various Pattaya locations without question or challenge.

Entry to malls and supermarkets is equally lax.  No ATK has ever been required and the temperature check is never enforced.  Big C has a temperature camera linked to a monitor screen but the operative is too busy playing on their phone to even bother looking up when the audible high temperature alarm sounds when someone with excessive body temperature enters . . .