Elderly foreign expat dies while getting a massage at a massage shop in Pattaya

webfact

S__5554202-696x522.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung – An elderly foreign expat died at a massage shop in Banglamung late this afternoon in the middle of a massage(January 28th).

The Nongprue Police was notified of the incident at a massage shop in Soi Khao Talo, Nongprue.

Police, emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the massage shop to find the body of the foreigner who was later identified only as a foreign national aged around 70-years-old.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/28/elderly-foreign-expat-dies-while-getting-a-massage-at-a-massage-shop-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-29

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 5

38 minutes ago, law ling said:

RIP Sir.

I've felt quite unwell during massages here, and no longer partake:

1. lack of oxygen in a poorly ventilated cubicle,

2. extended blocking of blood vessels in the groin, 

3. suspect hygeine of the bed and bedding,

4. clearly untrained staff just giving it a go,

5. lack of clarity on exactly what service is on offer and what tip is expected.

Having had (in the old days) what I consider to be a proper Thai massage by a properly qualified person, it's easy to pass on silly slap and tickle on offer these days.

My regular massage lady is 60 yo. She runs a scrupulously clean shop, changes the pillow cover and bedsheet for fresh ones as soon as a massage is finished. Supplies of massage shirt and pants, she is washing and ironing them every morning. Spacious and well ventilated shop.

If you find that massages are making you feel unwell, I'd suggest a cardiovascular examination is in order. I never have massages less than three hours after after a meal.

Sensible to stop until you know what is causing the problem.

I'm curious about the blocking of blood vessels in the groin area, could you expand on the comment please. How do you know that occurred?

• Like 2