Elderly foreign expat dies while getting a massage at a massage shop in Pattaya

webfact

I think most people over age 60 should avoid traditional Thai massage  Also the medical knowledge of the workers is usually poor. I've always thought they should promote Swedish massage here as a more relaxing and safer alternative.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I'm curious about the blocking of blood vessels in the groin area, could you expand on the comment please. How do you know that occurred?

I'm not the poster you were quoting, but this is an issue I would think most have run into. Many are trained to put pressure at some point on the veins (?) on each side of the groin and hold their weight there for a while. It may have a legit origin, but I think many ladies do it because supposedly when they release the pressure there is a rush of blood that may put you "in the mood". If they hold for more than a couple of seconds I usually tell them to move on, since it could be dangerous.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'm curious about the blocking of blood vessels in the groin area, could you expand on the comment please. How do you know that occurred?

I suspect this post was meant to be humorous - suggesting an erection perhaps ????

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Fancy having ones ignominoius demise written up in that waste of wood pulp..

Shame enternal for the hapless family or fewgood  laughs over christmas drinks from the family

• Like 2

From the article in the Mirror:

"Oraya called for help and staff began performing CPR but by that point, Mr Swain had already stopped breathing."

Guaranteed not a one of them has a clue about how to perform proper CPR, if they did they would know to continue until emergency services arrive and take over. If the heart stops, about four minutes in the brain will die due to a lack of oxygen so it is imperative to keep the pumps going to get oxygen to the brain even though the victim is not breathing.

AED on the premises? Not a chance. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

From the article in the Mirror:

"Oraya called for help and staff began performing CPR but by that point, Mr Swain had already stopped breathing."

Guaranteed not a one of them has a clue about how to perform proper CPR, if they did they would know to continue until emergency services arrive and take over. If the heart stops, about four minutes in the brain will die due to a lack of oxygen so it is imperative to keep the pumps going to get oxygen to the brain even though the victim is not breathing.

And not expected. These kind hearted  girls did their best

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

And not expected.

No, but should be mandatory, same as the health warnings about massages that have to be posted in all massage establishments by Thai law.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

what kind of massage are we talking about here?

Possibly hand-job....for the heavy breathing just before death.

I suspect the masseuse didn't tell the whole story.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

what kind of massage are we talking about here?

A man has reportedly died inside a Thai 'happy ending' massage parlour after falling asleep and choking during the experience.

I guess he came and went at the same time. Happy ending taken to the highest level.

Edited by bbko

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

As a retired paramedic I tend to notice AEDs, In my 15 years of living here, I can count on 2 hands the number of times I've seen a AED in public places, hint exclude airports and I'm down to 1 hand and have a few fingers to spare.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Possibly hand-job....for the heavy breathing just before death.

I suspect the masseuse didn't tell the whole story.

and at the end of the day, it aint gonna change the end result.

Older bloke, massage, could be "happy end" could be anuerism , cerebro vascular accident ( stroke, no pun intended), cardiac arrest.

He aint coming back, hope they had CC details and charged it, such drama for the workers ????

• Like 1