Volunteer visa expires soon what.my options

2 minutes ago, stevymac said:

Don’t want to leave the country. That’s the whole point of my post

Yeah, then the way things are at the moment, you simply can't. 

Unless you fork out at least 500,000 THB for a Thailand Elite Visa, or find a company willing to hire you, or have $1,000,000 in assets so that you can apply for the 10 years visa. 

Edited by alextrat1966
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stigar said:

Not possible.You have to leave.

21 minutes ago, alextrat1966 said:

Yeah, then the way things are at the moment, you simply can't. 

Unless you fork out at least 500,000 THB for a Thailand Elite Visa, or find a company willing to hire you, or have $1,000,000 in assets so that you can apply for the 10 years visa. 

Absolute nonsense, why do people post rubbish like this? 

just go and visit an agent and get another 15 months extension based on volunteering. Should cost 40,000 is

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevymac said:

Shizzlesticks! 

cant i just apply for a Covid/tourist visa and promise I’ll be a good farang, treat everyone with respect and dish out the occasional wai?

That should do it. 

Er, hang on, no possibly it won't. 

Have you really got so close to the date without seeking advice from Immigration or an agent.? 

• Like 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Is this a certainty to be allowed?  It seems there is a lot of talk about this visa being somewhat of a black mark in a passport.

This Visa is absolutely not a black mark on your passport. I’ve come and gone 3 times on visa exempt after my volunteer visa ran out. 

the replies in this thread are terrible 

• Like 2

I was in a similar situation, I was able to get a Covid Extension after my Volunteer Visa! But the first agency could not do it for some reason, while another was able to.

And then I switched from Covid Extension to Child Dependent Visa, which surely is not available for you. But maybe you can find a Thai Woman to marry while being on the Covid Extension, just officially, to stay here. I mean this is what Africans do in our countries all the time ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

What is your specific reason for living here?

Then get a visa based on that. ????

If Thailand doesn't grant visas for that reason, leave. ???? 

Sounds like maybe a long-term tourist.  There used to be visa runs and such to cater for this, but since the land borders have been closed this option has not been available.

Just now, FridgeMagnet1 said:

the replies in this thread are terrible

Apologies.  I was asking a genuine question.  I'm not a doom monger, nor do I have any ill will towards anyone on any type of visa.

So your volunteer visa was obtained through an agent?  And it was still present in your passport when you got a visa exempt?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Apologies.  I was asking a genuine question.  I'm not a doom monger, nor do I have any ill will towards anyone on any type of visa.

So your volunteer visa was obtained through an agent?  And it was still present in your passport when you got a visa exempt?

Yes. It’s not an issue at all. They can’t refuse you entry because you have a volunteer extension in your passport 

I’ve never had Covid visa before, I went from tourist to marriage to work visa and  now volunteer. I’ve been round the block a few times as my old man would say. Just eyeing up options and if anyone is looking for someone to hire id welcome the opportunity.

• Like 1

Just now, stevymac said:

I’ve never had Covid visa before, I went from tourist to marriage to work visa and  now volunteer. I’ve been round the block a few times as my old man would say. Just eyeing up options and if anyone is looking for someone to hire id welcome the opportunity.

Have you been told by an agent (or agents) that volunteer extensions are no longer available? 

31 minutes ago, stevymac said:

What did your agent say about the possibility to get a Covid extension? Let's start with that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

What did your agent say about the possibility to get a Covid extension? Let's start with that.

They said 11k for 60

days . Seemed overpriced, considering I paid around 30k for year volunteer visa

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, stevymac said:

They said 11k for 60

days . Seemed overpriced, considering I paid around 30k for year volunteer visa

Either this or go do a U turn to Singapore and obtain visa on arrival. 

Hopefully ubonjoe will chime in and set things straight for you with some good advice.

Much of the adolescent responses on this thread should be deleted, absolutely pathetic.

• Like 1

surely if you are married, that is the best way forward

a marriage visa , if dont have the money in the bank a agent will soon sort that for you, then if you get a job you can get a work permit on a marriage visa.

also if married and setting up your own company, you only need to pay social tax on two thais instead of four.

7 hours ago, alextrat1966 said:

You must not have heard that after an Immigration Officer in Isaan got replaced, dodgy volunteer visas are no more. 

The next day services continued elsewhere. You must not have heard of so many RTP getting busted from time to time. Thailand would get seriously quiet if those using agents also all left at once.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1