Volunteer visa expires soon what.my options

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What visa did you arrive in Thailand on ?

When I recently got a Covid extension, they just wanted to know what visa I arrived on, rather than what my current /last visa was 

Very good point. 

15 hours ago, 0james0 said:

Either this or go do a U turn to Singapore and obtain visa on arrival. 

Hopefully ubonjoe will chime in and set things straight for you with some good advice.

Much of the adolescent responses on this thread should be deleted, absolutely pathetic.

Is Singapore really a possibility at present? For return to Bkk one needs to do another TP. Or is this not required on VTL flights? I'm in a similar position re visa ext. but not volunteer.

16 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Is Singapore really a possibility at present? For return to Bkk one needs to do another TP. Or is this not required on VTL flights? I'm in a similar position re visa ext. but not volunteer.

You would need a Thailand Pass after a trip to anywhere when you enter the country.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

Can’t he study Thai and change to an ED visa? At least it used to be possible to change from visa exemption to ED visa without leaving the country many years ago…

He is on a non-o visa he got at immigration based upon working as a volunteer. He cannot change to a non-ed visa but if immigration was willing to do it he could change to a extension of stay based upon attending a formal school (university and etc) instead of working as a volunteer.