Looking for reasonable yield investment in Thailand

For a start, I live in Thailand and only have an interest in investments located in Thailand, no interest in home country whatsoever.

I have a small 2 million to invest and have searched high and low for something that could yield a pretty safe 4% to 5% - to no avail. Thai stocks have poor dividends, a cheap condo may sit vacant etc. Can anyone advise what a good investment here in Thailand is. Over the next 10 years I expect to have around 12 million to invest in total and want to live of proceeds, I don't spend a lot but 4% will be required, this should be doable! From Australia and loathe the place so please don't say invest at home.

if you find such an investment, keep quiet. or you will be knocked over in the rush of investors.  You are not the only one dreaming of such an investment.

It is possible, but not, as far as I know, in Thailand.  

Talk to investment managers in your bank, or in a Singapore bank.  They migh possible get 4%.

I don't know bout property in Thailand, but sure to be complicated and risky for a non-Thai.

• Thanks 1

I'd say three alternatives. Your limitations are that you live in a non-Finance Tier 1 country so many finance companies, especially in Europe, will be reluctant to handle your money. The problem is money laundering risks. 

But there is hope! Thanks to the Web 2.0 revolution there has been a huge increase in FinTech. There are always risks but the examples I give are only well regarded companies... but still do your own due diligence.  Three suggestions:

1. Move money to Singapore. Put it in a FinTech company based there. And invest in a package designed for you (a computer follows an algorithm of investments to match your exact risk tolerance, i.e. very low) or else choose different ETF options. 4-5% should be pretty easy. Example company: "Endowus". 

2. Invest in FinTech in Thailand which allows non- Thai investors and allows investments in non- Thai companies. These are very rare but at least one FinTech arrived last year. This will offer the same as Singapore but I suspect it will be worse tax implications and obviously Thai regulation is not up to Singapore standards.  Example: "StashAway". 

3. Buy the stable cryptocoin USDC (it is backed by US dollars and is the second largest US dollar crypto after USDT) and gain "interest" on it by lending it back to the seller. The interest is around 8% but this can be increased by gaining high VIP membership. The FinTech is Zipmex. This is the highest risk but still seems pretty secure. The USDC has a giant market cap and Zipmex are a multinational. 

All of these could be opened within a day or so! And all could be done without walking out your front door. Just download the apps. Be ready with your passport, a recent bank statement to prove address and Dee account/Kasikorn App to shift the money to Singapore if you choose that option. 

You are very lucky. The options for expats used to be abysmal. They would often tie their savings to insurance company operated funds which performed poorly.