Barber Shop

JustAnotherHun

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What are you wanting done? have much hair? i gave up trying to find one good with scissors, now it's a number 2, hard for them to go wrong with a number

Yes still hairy. And after 2.5 month it's high time to do something. One who's good with scissors would be perfect.

My regular place is on Soi Siam CC, just past the Railway Line, going inland opposite the 2nd mosque gate. 100 baht, One young Thai kid pretty good and one of indeterminate gender is reasonable. They were shut last time (digging up there yet again!) so I went on 3rd Rd...right opposite Soi Chayaphum/Pothole. 'Barber Shop'....you can sit in a little kids toy car and get a cut there. 200b.

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I go to one of the barbers on  Soi Baukhao, near R-Con.  I go into the one that has the shortest queue. 

The Thai girls all think I am handsome anyway, so my hair style is not important.  ????  

No so me. An ugly guy like me at least needs a good haircut. ????

Thanks anyway, guys

26 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

No so me. An ugly guy like me at least needs a good haircut. ????

Thanks anyway, guys

Sounds like you need to visit an ATM, not a barber.  ????  

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Yes still hairy. And after 2.5 month it's high time to do something. One who's good with scissors would be perfect.

I've found that most barbers are scared of scissors, you can see fear in their eyes if you ask. I had 2 good Pattaya ladies who could use scissors but they moved on then back to square one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've found that most barbers are scared of scissors, you can see fear in their eyes if you ask. I had 2 good Pattaya ladies who could use scissors but they moved on then back to square one

I wouldn't say they're scared of scissors, more like trained to cut hair with clippers instead of scissors.  If the OP wants a scissor cut/style, forget about visiting a barber shop and find a beauty salon.

24 minutes ago, bbko said:

I wouldn't say they're scared of scissors, more like trained to cut hair with clippers instead of scissors.  If the OP wants a scissor cut/style, forget about visiting a barber shop and find a beauty salon.

beauty salons are more familar with ladies hair, i did try one and yes she was scared and did a below average cut, did the sides ok but struggled with the top, i put it down to a lot of guys being bald on top so a lack of experience