Thai Insurance for STV

The consulate in Frankfurt won't accept international insurances and now force me to find a Thai insurance for the STV. (Unfortunately, I'm still below 50. / Believe me, I can't wait for that day!!!) Now, all the insurances they give you to choose from are either "page not found" or similar or they don't offer a package for STV but just Non-O/A and without mentioning Covid-19 at all.

I had purchased a package with Allianz that had it all (Covid, more than the required inpatient/outaptient coverage) but they would not accept it. Idiocy....

I also have the impression that this is a German thing because on other Thai consulate websites in other countries it simply says insurance whereas they demand a Thai insurance on the German website and via email. Going in circles ... Honestly, without this forum I'd be completely at my wit's end ...

Has anyone who has done the STV-thing any advice for me, please? Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

I believe the issue revolves around the certificate statement supplied be the insurer must state specifically that the policy covers you in thailand for covid at the appropriate dollar amounts. If it does not have that langue specifically it won't be accepted. Also you need to confirm direct with the Insurer they cover asyptomatic quarantine. Try AXA insurance. 

Edited by Dan O

It does seem perhaps that the ''rules'' differ dependant upon the embassy location.

I obtained my STV via the London embassy last year.  I submitted my standard travel insurance policy obtained via the UK Post Office.  A couple of weeks later I was requested to provide confirmation of an amount of  $50,000 of medical expenses cover ( but there was no specific mention of Covid).  I submitted confirmation of the cover in £ (which was many -fold the $ requirement) and subsequently received my STV.

• Like 1

You can try -- https://www.pacificcrosshealth.com/en/stv-180-and-stv-90-plans/

I found success with said Company ????

Do note the Exclusions (*Remarks at bottom of page), like 15 day waiting period for Covid cover to kick in, but nobody checks that.

Also check that TGIA link posted by UbonJoe, where you can get first 2 weeks covered by another Company to cover Covid, both Symptomatic and Asymptomatic (Where other Companies may not).

And up to 50% Discount on rates, if you do 300k Deductable.  Up to you how much Discount & Deductable you want.

Take care.

Edited by matador007
note
  • Like 1

One key factor you really should confirm is will the policy cover you in case you test positive and have no symptoms and get quarantined (asymptomatic coverage)   many policies offer covid coverage but only if medically necessary with symptoms. Axa and a few others cover you for Asymptomatic quarantind but many don't and that's not a surprise you want to get 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chawee123 said:

Which Thai insurance company covers 81 yrs old from Australia. Your reply would be much appreciated 

For the $50,000 USD covid 19 insurance needed for entry check this site. https://covid19.tgia.org/

For the 3 million baht insurance needed to apply for a Non-OA visa I am not aware of any company will that will issue the insurance. In that case enter visa exempt from Australia and apply for a non-o visa and a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

BTW: The insurance I purchased states all the recommended things / Covid cover, overall cover way beyond requirements and insurance period for Thailand specifically... just nuts that they refuse it

On 2/5/2022 at 7:50 PM, matador007 said:

Do note the Exclusions (*Remarks at bottom of page), like 15 day waiting period for Covid cover to kick in, but nobody checks that.

So you will NOT be covered. policy will be invalid.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For the $50,000 USD covid 19 insurance needed for entry check this site. https://covid19.tgia.org/

For the 3 million baht insurance needed to apply for a Non-OA visa I am not aware of any company will that will issue the insurance. In that case enter visa exempt from Australia and apply for a non-o visa and a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

Thanks Ubonjoe

intend to travel to Thailand as a tourist for 2 months some time later this year

I have clicked my way through all the insurances on that page. I'm applying for STV.

https://longstay.tgia.org/companiesstv

And here is the result:

aetna: to get a quote> can't put in my phone number because it allows only Thai numbers and all the regions are in Thailand
Muang Thai Insurance> 30 day waiting period --> not covered
Falcon insurance> will not pay for the first 30 days --> not covered
Dhipaya> page error
Axa>not covered for the first 30 days
Thai Setakij> not covered for the first 30 days
Bangkok Insurance> not covered for the first 30 days
Sompo> page is missing
Navakij> O-A visa
Viriyah> accident & health insurance, no Covid-plan
Pacific Cross> O-X and O-A, for people over 50
LMG> O-A visa
Thai Health Insurance> O-A visa
Southeast Company> page not found

So, what shall I choose to not be insured but pay a hefty price???

I have contacted the consulate but their policy seems to be 'stalling' me. Just no answer, and I'll have to comply or trash my visa application and all the rest.

Maybe this is interesting for some of you out there trying to obtain a STV (in Germany specifically).

18 hours ago, bbOh said:

I have clicked my way through all the insurances on that page. I'm applying for STV.

https://longstay.tgia.org/companiesstv

And here is the result:

aetna: to get a quote> can't put in my phone number because it allows only Thai numbers and all the regions are in Thailand
Muang Thai Insurance> 30 day waiting period --> not covered
Falcon insurance> will not pay for the first 30 days --> not covered
Dhipaya> page error
Axa>not covered for the first 30 days
Thai Setakij> not covered for the first 30 days
Bangkok Insurance> not covered for the first 30 days
Sompo> page is missing
Navakij> O-A visa
Viriyah> accident & health insurance, no Covid-plan
Pacific Cross> O-X and O-A, for people over 50
LMG> O-A visa
Thai Health Insurance> O-A visa
Southeast Company> page not found

So, what shall I choose to not be insured but pay a hefty price???

I have contacted the consulate but their policy seems to be 'stalling' me. Just no answer, and I'll have to comply or trash my visa application and all the rest.

Maybe this is interesting for some of you out there trying to obtain a STV (in Germany specifically).

You may contact Tune Protect for STV insurance, no waiting period.