Change of address to Chiang rai

Hello

I am on a retirement visa and am moving from Phitsanulok where I obtained my visa to Chiang Rai.

Could someone advise the address of the immigration office in Chiang Rai.

Is the process of changing my address for visa purposes from Phitsanulok to Chaing Rai complicated?

thanks in advance

localexpat

There are 2 immigration offices Chiang Rai. The main office is in Mae Sai and there is one in the city of Chiang Rai.

The one the city is not open everyday according to few post I have read.

You should not need anything more than than a TM30 form  completed by the owner of where you living. You may be asked for a copy of a rental agreement and signed copies of the owners house book and ID card.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are 2 immigration offices Chiang Rai. The main office is in Mae Sai and there is one in the city of Chiang Rai.

The one the city is not open everyday according to few post I have read.

You should not need anything more than than a TM30 form  completed by the owner of where you living. You may be asked for a copy of a rental agreement and signed copies of the owners house book and ID card.

Hi

Do you mean Chiang Rai at the end of the first sentence? You are correct in that the city office is not open weekends. 

2 minutes ago, my friend I said:

Do you mean Chiang Rai at the end of the first sentence? You are correct in that the city office is not open weekends. 

It has been changed to Chiang Rai now. Thanks for mentioning it.

I don't any immigration office are open on weekends now. I can recall reports of the office in the city having limited hours and possibley not open everyday.

The Chiang Rai office only do some things on certain days - for example they only do retirement extensions on Mondays and Wednesdays I think it is. Someone else may confirm. No such restrictions in Mae Sai. I've been to both once and prefer the Chiang Rai one. Parking is much easier there if that is a consideration.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

The Chiang Rai office only do some things on certain days - for example they only do retirement extensions on Mondays and Wednesdays I think it is. Someone else may confirm. No such restrictions in Mae Sai. I've been to both once and prefer the Chiang Rai one. Parking is much easier there if that is a consideration.

The office in the city of Chiang Rai is open during normal office hours Monday-Friday.  They only do extensions on Mondays and Wednesdays.  The last 2 times I did my retirement extension there. It was very quick but you need to come back the next day to pick up you4 passport.

The office is just south of the airport on the same road that runs parallel to the airport

Edited by statman78

20 hours ago, statman78 said:

The last 2 times I did my retirement extension there. It was very quick but you need to come back the next day to pick up you4 passport.

Yes, that is the downside, requires two visits. At Mae Sai they do it all in one visit ?

20 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Yes, that is the downside, requires two visits. At Mae Sai they do it all in one visit ?

For me a trip to Chiang Rai immigration is only a 10 minute drive so going back the next day is not a problem.  I did my first extension at Mae Sai.  They are also very efficient and it’s only 1 trip.