My First Brush With A Local Mafioso...

Jim's_a_Thai_Fox

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The OP clearly describes one facet of local culture always worth remembering. This guy did not cause trouble as an individual, he had a table of friends to back him up. Posters who claim " Headbut's" as the way forward , or standing up for yourself are still saddled with the one-on-one Western fair play mentallity that does to exist in the East.

This is not a tale of " one guy". In this country it never is.

He who walks away, lives to fight another day.

I'd like to know why you mentioned a Philipino security guard. Why would there be a Philipino security guard in Thailand?

Apparently in another thread a man was shot to death for his poor singing style at a karaoke bar by a security guard in the Phillipines.

Cheers,

Soundman.

It was obvious from the start that these guys resented ferangs (me)

Maybe they read this Forum. :D

:o

Well done to the OP for handling a difficult situation very well.

Yep well done...don't give them the excuse...one on one not the rule...six on one your life has no value...is it fair? hel_l no...but your alive to testify that these guys are frumped up...screw um.

you've either got tired of living ,never been to thailand,or a millwall supporter,if you do this you will get very hurt :o

What is a millwall?

Soundman.

Mr. Rosner had a snappy response but lost interest in the seconds it took to bring up this window.

Since when does a decision not to fight make someone a coward? Or why should this decision be based on how many friends and/or weapons the opponent has? I will fight if I or someone I love is physically threatened. I will not fight over words. My gf knows this and is cool with it.

Since when does a decision not to fight make someone a coward? Or why should this decision be based on how many friends and/or weapons the opponent has? I will fight if I or someone I love is physically threatened. I will not fight over words. My gf knows this and is cool with it.

calm down calm down, i was not suggesting that the OP was a coward

it would have been better to say " he who runs away, lives to fight another day " better known as a strategical retreat. In this case it was the wise thing to do.

You should have nutted him mate, can't have peeps dissing your misses.

you've either got tired of living ,never been to thailand,or a millwall supporter,if you do this you will get very hurt :o

i was being sarcastic, which obviously went well over your head, and FYI i have lived in Thailand for 10 years.

It was obvious from the start that these guys resented ferangs (me) and i felt very scared. It really showed me a side of thailand that i had chosen to previously ignore.

When you stay in Thailand long enough you learn Thai men are really very jealous of Farang men.

Can't blame them I guess if you look at the picture from their eyes.

Yeah, I am so jealous of some moron who can't speak Thai and barely can speak english, married to a former bar girl and speaking in baby talk, 'you want go eat yum yum?'

Thanks for the great observation about myself :-) I hadn't ever really figured it out, but you have provided some great assistance in this matter :-) :o:D

It was obvious from the start that these guys resented ferangs (me) and i felt very scared. It really showed me a side of thailand that i had chosen to previously ignore.

When you stay in Thailand long enough you learn Thai men are really very jealous of Farang men.

Can't blame them I guess if you look at the picture from their eyes.

Yeah, I am so jealous of some moron who can't speak Thai and barely can speak english, married to a former bar girl and speaking in baby talk, 'you want go eat yum yum?'

Thanks for the great observation about myself :-) I hadn't ever really figured it out, but you have provided some great assistance in this matter :-) :D:D

Let me gently rip your theory apart.

I speak Thai.

My wife was never a BG or in the sex industry.

When Thai women find I can communicate with them IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE they seem to express great interest in me.

The Thai women I know often complain what lousy lovers Thai men are compared to Farangs.

Most Thai guys cannot fly around the world w/o visa issues and set up shop where they like.

Farangs in Thailand always seem to have pcokets full of cash to spend.

Guess if I were some Thai guy I'd be slightly jealous also.

Cheers :o

I am quite calm, thanks, and I didn't think you were calling the OP a coward directly. But in comments here there seems to be a common view that given a level playing field, a fight would have been justified. Someone can insult me, my gf, my mother or whoever as much as they want. In my view the words of a drunk idiot are just that - words of a drunk idiot. I wouldn't get in a fight over that. Maybe some people think that makes me a coward. I don't care really, I don't have anything to prove.

I am quite calm, thanks, and I didn't think you were calling the OP a coward directly. But in comments here there seems to be a common view that given a level playing field, a fight would have been justified. Someone can insult me, my gf, my mother or whoever as much as they want. In my view the words of a drunk idiot are just that - words of a drunk idiot. I wouldn't get in a fight over that. Maybe some people think that makes me a coward. I don't care really, I don't have anything to prove.

The drunk Thai guy was your typical loser who

a. Probably has never been anywhere in his life

b. Probably will never go anywhere in his life

c. Was not even worth acknowledging

Did this happen in Thailand?? Where? What is the reference to a Phillipino guard about?

Probably a reference to a story a few days ago of a Filipino security guard shooting some guy for badly singing "My Way" in a Karaoke.

Where are all the "rah rah" guys in this thread? All the ones who are always coming out with the usual tribe "You're a guest in Thailand, they have all the rights to do anything they like in their country" etc?

OP you did great. Just play friendly and maybe alittle bit dumb like you think he is nice. Then remove yourslef from the scene.

Take a look at the possible outcomes of this situation. 1. You get shoot. 2. You get beaten. 3. You beat him, and later have to pay him not to press charges. 4. Jail, blacklisting whatever?

Is it just me who have expirienced that a drunk thai guy can filp in seconds (from mr nice guy to looking-for-a-fight-bully)?

Edited by Hawkup2000

I carry industrial strength laxatives with me wherever I go just for moments like these. Smile, trot over and buy a round of drinks for the offending able, drop a couple in the <deleted> beer and watch him at the karaoke bar crooning and shatting his pants.

Well said cm das, drunk idiots are, amazingly enough, indigenous to every country and race on the planet. And not really worth one's time, effort or energy since they are, after all, merely drunk idiots.

You should have nutted him mate, can't have peeps dissing your misses.

i was being sarcastic, which obviously went well over your head, and FYI i have lived in Thailand for 10 years.

you still haven't told us what a millwall is .

the op has just been had by some moron wanna be that thinks drinking and carrying a six shooter makes him a man, dont worry, with his attitude hes not long for this world anyway. karma has a way of finding us all

Edited by soi lurker

Derogatory gross generalizations about the nature of Thai men have been deleted. Lets keep this on topic and within the forum rules regarding extreme negativity towards Thailand or Thai people.

What is a millwall?

off topic, but answering Soundman's question:

This is acutally quite funny. I knew frm and old aquaintance that Millwall FC supporters are the worst on earth. What is really funny is to put "Millwall supporters" in google and have a look at the results.. these are just some of the results on the first two pages:

"f^&kin millwall w$%kers if i ever cum dwn 2 u im gna f**kin stab"

"heavy police guard Millwall tempers"

"Two Millwall fans, stabbed in clashes ahead"

"Hillsborough Slurs off Millwall Fans leads to crowd trouble."

"threat of violence between the Spurs and Millwall supporters"

"Millwall supporters attacked a group of Portsmouth fans"

I wonder if these boys get invited to tea parties!!

What is a millwall?

off topic, but answering Soundman's question:

This is acutally quite funny. I knew frm and old aquaintance that Millwall FC supporters are the worst on earth. What is really funny is to put "Millwall supporters" in google and have a look at the results.. these are just some of the results on the first two pages:

"f^&kin millwall w$%kers if i ever cum dwn 2 u im gna f**kin stab"

"heavy police guard Millwall tempers"

"Two Millwall fans, stabbed in clashes ahead"

"Hillsborough Slurs off Millwall Fans leads to crowd trouble."

"threat of violence between the Spurs and Millwall supporters"

"Millwall supporters attacked a group of Portsmouth fans"

I wonder if these boys get invited to tea parties!!

Ahhh... Soccer Hooligans.

Cheers and thanx,

Soundman.