My First Brush With A Local Mafioso...

Jim's_a_Thai_Fox

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a previous post you stated you were luk kreung. In this post you seem to be claiming you are full Thai. Wonder what you'll be next time?

My daughter is look kreung. She is also 100% thai. What's your point?

Soundman.

You're mincing words. The issue is not if he has Thai nationality but is a "Thai man". If he is a luk kreung he obviously is not 100% Thai.

I don't consider Soundman to be any sort of a mincer, in fact he seems like a pretty decent guy. :-)

FYI I have been lying the whole time :-). I actually have no Thai blood at all, nor do any of my immediate family even on the 'Thai side'; they are either Thai Chinese (i.e. entirely Chinese blood, born here) or Thai Chinese/Cambodian or Thai Chinese/Norwegian (blood wise) or it starts to get really convoluted talking about the various combination of ethnicity and nationality.

I consider that i am either Thai....or I am not. That isn't how other people necessarily see it. And each person can make up their own mind. To some I can never be Thai ethnically because i don't have the blood. Tough kee for them, as the sweet potato once said to the biship, I yam what I yam.

I yam a man, according to the women who have felt the wrath of my engorged member (say hello to my leetle frend)

I yam a flightless bird (despite not being friendly with any sheep)

I yam a Thai (despite not getting into fights and planting drugs on people, being crazily jealous of farang hansum man or struggling to s-peeak engrit yum yum)

I yam really really dumb (but endowed perhaps with marginally more brain power than people who choose to speak in the 'It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again' style of english prose)

I yam available for a limited time, call now, send no money now

These are all accurate statements. It is all true, and I apologise for having left any doubt on these matters. I trust that the members who might possibly want to shank me with their love can continue to do so with the addition of this extra data.

Soundman - you are indeed correct, I was born and grew up abroad, and have recently returned on what is being called 'The Steve Romagnino World Tour of Love, a musical journey through the boundaries of vision, dance and emotion'

I am not 100% tied to that name, as I now have Jeff Rossner as my muse, let's just say the name is a work in progress.

My own feeling is that yes, some Thai men have jealousy issues. plenty do not, especially given the sorry nature of some of the farang men and their partners that one might see exploring the depths of Sukhumvit soi 4 or the like. Some men full stop have jealousy issues, be it the envy of the man with a major physical endowment in his wallet/pants, owning a canting keel Cookson 50 or perhaps the right to own a pristine copy of an expat author's book about Thailand which doesn't have the autograph of said author. I hear copies of any of Dean Barrett's books without a signature are worth thousands of satung these days.

Idiotic blanket statements invite ridiculous replies, and anything coming from me, well you will definitely get dic which is just one part of that lovely word, if people choose to make a blanket statement which includes me in their little Vern Schillinger style stereotype. You would think I would have something better to do with my time, but sadly, I do not.

In summary, speaking as a Thai, well acquainted with the issue of seeing women with partners of multiple ethnicities, and speaking as a consultant and expert on matters of applied human psychology, 'I likes dem big titties'

I trust this addresses any questions. Now watch this drive.

Colino, I think the word you are looking for is เป็นคน :o same same me 5555

Hi,

the incident took place in Bang Len, a tiny little place in Nakhon Pathom on the way out to Pathum Thani - not in the city of Bkk as one would've thought, but a just little agricultural Amphur HQ. No idea about the 'goons' job...

Looking back, the bar was obviously 'suspect' as the bar manager, a thoroughly nice bloke, told my missus (before the drunken fella trotted over with the shooter stuck in his back) that since the new government change, they'd lost about 300,000 baht per month... now, what sort of restaurant loses so much revenue just from a government change??? maybe one dealing in stuff other than fried rice...?

Yes, the Philipino reference was in relation to a recent post I read here about a guy getting shot by a guard - the local mafia chap he was singing exactly the same song, My Way, as we bundled out of there... we left the waitress downstairs 100 bhat for the beer and sprite!

To be honest, I've never been in a fight in my 32 years of existence... tend to get jelly legs just being around a scrap... though of course, I reckon I'm hard as nails. (used to work next to the New Den, Millwall's footy ground - In general, they are a lovely bunch of people. not.)

Cheers

James

I'm rather a curious genetic mix; Icelandic on my Father's side and Cuban on my Mother's...

...I'm an Ice-cube. :o

Classic.

Being Thai Chinese and Norwegian, I like to consider myself to be

No tie and jeans.

Or put another way, the Norwegian wants to get drunk, the Thai part wants to party and the Chinese part doesn't want to pay.

Samran has an even more convoluted story than me, involving former convicts, a healthy serving of pad Thai and Tikka Masala plus Liz Smilie and a great taste that really lasts.

thunks luz.

Irish on dads side, with a bit of spanish. Some reported Maori, but can't be sure. Apparently on the boat over to OZ from NZ in the 1800's Maori's put down Spanish as their 'race' on the ships log so they'd be considered white enough to enter OZ. Dads side is as white as white, and I have a cousin who is a cross between Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchet.

Maternal Grandpa born in Shanghai by all accounts, was was a dirt poor chinese migrant to Thailand. Married my Thai aristocratic grandma - with burmese blood. Her uncle was consul to the embassy in Paris in the 30's. As a result of this 'unfortunate' marriage, grandma was unceremoneously booted out of the family (and forfeited rights to what I am sure would be massive wealth and power which i can't enjoy). My mum got an excellent education though due to a sympathetic and wealthy uncle. Plus, she is a smart cookie.

Extended family via marriage covers the spectrum of Thai society. An ML or two, rich Thai chinese. My mum's immediate family who are all pretty 'normal' and live in OZ now - except the one who can't keep her legs together for more than 5 mins which means I have more cousins than I care to know about, and the moronic issan aunt (she married into the family as well) who thinks Thaksin is the bee's knees and wanders around aimlessly like my mentor and avtar, Ralph Wiggam.

Fairly normal family actually.

the moronic issan aunt (she married into the family as well) who thinks Thaksin is the bee's knees and wanders around aimlessly like my mentor and avtar, Ralph Wiggam.

Well you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family. Apt really, in your case, since you already show a great skill at the nose investigations in your avatar.

Well done ;-)

Of course, you aren't really Thai, because no Thais can speaka da engrish.

thunks luz.

Irish on dads side, with a bit of spanish. Some reported Maori, but can't be sure. Apparently on the boat over to OZ from NZ in the 1800's Maori's put down Spanish as their 'race' on the ships log so they'd be considered white enough to enter OZ. Dads side is as white as white, and I have a cousin who is a cross between Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchet.

Maternal Grandpa born in Shanghai by all accounts, was was a dirt poor chinese migrant to Thailand. Married my Thai aristocratic grandma - with burmese blood. Her uncle was consul to the embassy in Paris in the 30's. As a result of this 'unfortunate' marriage, grandma was unceremoneously booted out of the family (and forfeited rights to what I am sure would be massive wealth and power which i can't enjoy). My mum got an excellent education though due to a sympathetic and wealthy uncle. Plus, she is a smart cookie.

Extended family via marriage covers the spectrum of Thai society. An ML or two, rich Thai chinese. My mum's immediate family who are all pretty 'normal' and live in OZ now - except the one who can't keep her legs together for more than 5 mins which means I have more cousins than I care to know about, and the moronic issan aunt (she married into the family as well) who thinks Thaksin is the bee's knees and wanders around aimlessly like my mentor and avtar, Ralph Wiggam.

That must make family get togethers lively.. :o:D

Cheers,

Soundman.

PS And many thanks to you & K. Steve for actually taking the time to make most of your posts informative & good reading.

PS And many thanks to you & K. Steve for actually taking the time to make most of your posts informative & good reading.

Mate, you are a legend yourself :-) I will endeavour to reduce the level of quality of my posts.

I may start as follows.

Steve will endeavor to reduce the level of quality of his posts. Steve may start as follows.

Steve is trying to see whether Rossner or Romagnino will acheive the status of 'complete plonker' or merely 'total tool'. While both sought after titles, so far Rossner is leading nominations for both awards.

Mate, you are a legend yourself :-) I will endeavour to reduce the level of quality of my posts.

I may start as follows.

Steve will endeavor to reduce the level of quality of his posts. Steve may start as follows.

Steve is trying to see whether Rossner or Romagnino will acheive the status of 'complete plonker' or merely 'total tool'. While both sought after titles, so far Rossner is leading nominations for both awards.

... and I always thought your name was Stevero Magnino !

Oh dear ! I think Ive pipped you both at the post then :o

I may start as follows.

:o:D

Soundman is but a tick on a baboon's arce..

Soundman will be waiting to see if Soundman can show up for the gala award, sponsored & provided by Soundman, to see the outcome of the "total tool" segment which Soundman understands to be hottly contested between numerous individuals in the "plonker" class. First prize, which will be presented by Soundman, will be a platinum set of screwdrivers, followed by second prize of a set of steak knives, mains power electricty tester, bandaids & membership to "the duck's nuts" drinking saloon. Soundman strongly suggests all "plonkers" to attend as it will be a most memorable event.

Yours truly,

Soundman.

Steve thinks writing like a bell end and pretending to be somewhat literary is the recipe for fun.

Steve will supply further inept observations regarding Thailand and why tourists prop up the economy shortly.

Please prepare mains power at 110 vaults, as Steve cannot handle normal Thai power supply of 240 volts. Steve also wishes to drive on the correct i.e. right side of the road.

Because Steve is following his muse.

Thank you for organising this Soundman, the Soundman is a solid character.

Hmm, reminds me of when i was on the bus coming up to Chang Mai last year. Daft TV on it blaring and the earplugs were'nt working so I struck up conversation with a thai man who i got talking to, turns out he was a cop from North of Chang Mai. He'd been stationed in the Deep South (due to lack of recruits from the Southern provinces!). As we got talking he told me of how he'd had to kill and all the violence, friends died etc.

Then he suggested that I come and with him to his village and stay at his house! I was unsure, he seemed decent enough, but you never know do you? I was on the verge of giving it a go when he starts making all kinds of phone calls. 'Farang this and farang that' kept cropping into the conversation. Having visions of being fleeced and extortionate tricks getting tried I declined the offer, deciding to err on the side of caution.

Yup the police can be bullys if they want to, and abusing women in the police station is something I've heard of more than once.

But it was an even handed thai cop in BKK who gave me the best piece of advice for Thailand and that was to be wary of thai women, especially with regards to farang / thai relationships. Not all thai police are bad to women per sa, but if they are bar girls or prostitutes the respect factor is a lot less.