Spa Resorts In Chaing Mai

krisyok

Hi,

Has anybody ever had some experience with spa resorts in Chiang Mai? (I mean real spa resorts, not foot massage or just normal thai massage).

I would be happy if you could share me your great experience. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Has anybody ever had some experience with spa resorts in Chiang Mai? (I mean real spa resorts, not foot massage or just normal thai massage).

I would be happy if you could share me your great experience. Thank you in advance.

I went to the Tao Gardens which is back off the road to Doi Saket. It is not cheap but the facilities are excellent. It has all the things that people hate - early morning rise, yoga in the gardens, no alcohol, caffeine, or smoking, no meat or anything taken in from the outside eg supplementary rations. They have truly wonderfull massage and theraputic treatments. Owners are very nice and ithe resort has a pick up bus to and from the city. I don't have their contact details on me but they aren't difficult to find on the net or ask at one of the tour guide offices.

CB

So.... still not clear. You want to know where the tv readers recommend that you should go? Or you're compiling a list for an article you're writing or what ? Or do you just want everyone to hash out their opinions of the local spa resorts that we know of for the fun of it? You need to say what you're looking for more. ie are you new and are thinking of going to one ?? Are you curious how n why there are sooooo many of them here? How do they stay in business?

Hmmmmm............... between this and the Paradise Pizza thread (not to mention others), I wonder that so many newbies summon up the courage to post a question at all. C'mon folks - it's pretty clear that the OP was simply asking for recommendations of Spa resorts based on members' first-hand experiences of them......... just the same as others have asked about hotels, guesthouses, fishing tackle shops etc etc.

I've done the same when I was looking for recommendations for various things here - maybe I should think twice about doing it again?

How about we all try to be a bit nicer when someone (specially a newcomer - and maybe not having English as a first language?) asks a straightforward question?

it's pretty clear that the OP was simply asking for recommendations of Spa resorts based on members' first-hand experiences of them......... just the same as others have asked about hotels, guesthouses, fishing tackle shops etc etc.

You're right. My girlfriend and I are planning to visit Chiang Mai. We know that spa resorts are quite recommended. However, we don't have much time there. If this is something we shouldn't miss, we would try this for sure.

Sorry to post such a broad question.

Sukantara Cascade Resort is superb - 40 mins drive, with a waterfall running though it, and very beautiful. Baan Deva Montra is lovley, don't know about the spa though. Oasis Spa has one at Horizon Village which is nice, but rather quiet. You can Google all of these for more details. Then there is the Four Seasons one which won the best spa in the world for the third year in a row or something, but is bloody expensive (minimum 5,000 baht for an hour).

So.... still not clear. You want to know where the tv readers recommend that you should go? Or you're compiling a list for an article you're writing or what ? Or do you just want everyone to hash out their opinions of the local spa resorts that we know of for the fun of it? You need to say what you're looking for more. ie are you new and are thinking of going to one ?? Are you curious how n why there are sooooo many of them here? How do they stay in business?

Did someone piss on your Corn Flakes this morning RTD?

Ah ######!! I didn't delete your post before I posted this reply.

Seems that dam with an n added is not acceptable language these days.

Edited by Blinky Bill

"Did someone piss on your Corn Flakes this morning RTD?"

No, I'm fine. In fact splendid. Made spaghetti tonight. You thinkin' I got something up the nether regions ? Pot calling the kettle black methinks. And hey, you did manage to repost my post, so good on yah!

Look, I was just reemphasizing McGrif's thing about how to post n research first. But clearly this post left some people still wanting guidance - I don't make this stuff up, read posts above. Then when Krisy reposts he explains his situation n plans. Great. Crystal clear. Now we all can identify and help him with the situation. Seriously, the guy sounded like a lurker, a spy for one of the spas, or a guy hoping we'd do all the research for him on a story about CM spas. A guy who wants to treat himslef and his gf, no problem. A lazy person or a user coming on sneaky like... I don't think there's gonna be much mercy shown someone doing using the boards like that.

And maybe there should be an addendum to McGrif's thing about new posters. You see, plenty of experienced ppl here with tons of advice who will chime in with it, and the occasional (50-90%) jokes and ball breaking. But we're here as a helpful community. It's just so much better when somebody takes the time to gather their thoughts and spell them out clearly. It's like, 'Hey new guy. You do some work first, then we'll respond and help you along your way. That's all.

"Did someone piss on your Corn Flakes this morning RTD?"

No, I'm fine. In fact splendid. Made spaghetti tonight. You thinkin' I got something up the nether regions ? Pot calling the kettle black methinks. And hey, you did manage to repost my post, so good on yah!

Look, I was just reemphasizing McGrif's thing about how to post n research first. But clearly this post left some people still wanting guidance - I don't make this stuff up, read posts above. Then when Krisy reposts he explains his situation n plans. Great. Crystal clear. Now we all can identify and help him with the situation. Seriously, the guy sounded like a lurker, a spy for one of the spas, or a guy hoping we'd do all the research for him on a story about CM spas. A guy who wants to treat himslef and his gf, no problem. A lazy person or a user coming on sneaky like... I don't think there's gonna be much mercy shown someone doing using the boards like that.

And maybe there should be an addendum to McGrif's thing about new posters. You see, plenty of experienced ppl here with tons of advice who will chime in with it, and the occasional (50-90%) jokes and ball breaking. But we're here as a helpful community. It's just so much better when somebody takes the time to gather their thoughts and spell them out clearly. It's like, 'Hey new guy. You do some work first, then we'll respond and help you along your way. That's all.

post-24617-1181670539.gif

It's just so much better when somebody takes the time to gather their thoughts and spell them out clearly. It's like, 'Hey new guy. You do some work first, then we'll respond and help you along your way. That's all.

Agree 100% with that - it p's me off when it's obvious that someone hasn't bothered to do at least a basic search first. And, of course, sometimes we've had just a bit too much of the Chang or gripe water and we can post a response that was best re-read and "tuned" :o before hitting "add reply".................