I Phone Battery

lelapin

if you're looking for genuine, probably have to go to the apple store, they don't charge that much anymore for battery swaps, apple doesn't sell their batteries to 3rd party 'repair' shops

so unless its authorized by apple (listed on their website) it most likely will not be genuine 

Edited by dj230
  • Thanks 1

Agree with the above about if you want an absolute guarantee for genuine parts, visit the "ICare" shop in Central Festival (4th floor).

About 2 months ago I dropped my Iphone X and cracked the screen, the ICare place quoted me a expensive price that seemed more than the value of the phone, so I asked several shops on the Darkside, specifically saying I just wanted the glass replaced and do not change out my screen (I wanted to keep the OEM monitor and not replaced with some junk) and most shops said they couldn't handle my request but one did refer me to this place, still on the Darkside going towards the Million Years Stone park.

Here's a google map location, it's the place shown here on the far right.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9515903,100.9411355,3a,78.2y,151.71h,69.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfgCivj-SvkaN-_na1TSCUw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Agree with the above about if you want an absolute guarantee for genuine parts, visit the "ICare" shop in Central Festival (4th floor).

About 2 months ago I dropped my Iphone X and cracked the screen, the ICare place quoted me a expensive price that seemed more than the value of the phone, so I asked several shops on the Darkside, specifically saying I just wanted the glass replaced and do not change out my screen (I wanted to keep the OEM monitor and not replaced with some junk) and most shops said they couldn't handle my request but one did refer me to this place, still on the Darkside going towards the Million Years Stone park.

Here's a google map location, it's the place shown here on the far right.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9515903,100.9411355,3a,78.2y,151.71h,69.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfgCivj-SvkaN-_na1TSCUw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Just curious what was the quote of the screen repair? I remember getting my iPhone screen repaired at apple was pretty expensive but nowhere near the cost of the phone, was a little over $200, I think battery swaps at apple are closer to $100 or less

Edited by dj230

4 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Just curious what was the quote of the screen repair? I remember getting my iPhone screen repaired at apple was pretty expensive but nowhere near the cost of the phone, was a little over $200, I think battery swaps at apple are closer to $100 or less

IIRC ICare wanted 12 or 13,000b to replace the cracked screen on my near 5 year old Iphone X/512gb, that is about half the value of the phone, if I was going to spend that much I'd just buy a new 12 or 13. The shop I listed above did it for 3,000b, phone works fine.

• Like 1

OP, what model is your phone? I'm guessing if the battery needs replacement it's an older model (6-8?), even with a cheap Chinese battery you should still be able to get 2-3 years out of it, by then all the other parts will be on their last legs. 

How much for a cheap battery replacement for say an Iphone 6 at Tuk Com?

10 minutes ago, bbko said:

OP, what model is your phone? I'm guessing if the battery needs replacement it's an older model (6-8?), even with a cheap Chinese battery you should still be able to get 2-3 years out of it, by then all the other parts will be on their last legs. 

How much for a cheap battery replacement for say an Iphone 6 at Tuk Com?

I Phone 6

52 minutes ago, dj230 said:

My iPhone 6 plus screen cracked and bits were falling of the edges, went to my local phone shop, they said 350bht, hmmmm, OK.

Went back 30 minutes later, wow, looks like new. So how did they do it. 

They had an incredibly thin tempered glass cover exactly same colour and shape with curved sides that has adhesive on it, it is expertly positioned on the existing screen/phone edges. You cannot see any difference and the screen is incredibly clear with no visible cracks. Highly recommended...

iPhone.jpg.9e9aea8ddb186c5edf69663f985f8941.jpg

14 minutes ago, transam said:

They had an incredibly thin tempered glass cover exactly same colour and shape with curved sides that has adhesive on it, it is expertly positioned on the existing screen/phone edges. You cannot see any difference and the screen is incredibly clear with no visible cracks. Highly recommended...

These sell on shopee for between 9 and 25 baht.  They are really screen protectors. 

First, are you sure that it was your screen that was cracked on the edges and not a screen protector?  That is typically where the screen protectors start to chip.  Second, expect that the thin tempered lens will eventually crack and will need to be replaced.  I have an iphone 8 and I have probably changed mine 4 times.  Tiny chips in the tempered glass will start from keeping in my pocket.  You just peel off the old lens, wipe with alcohol wipe, or microfiber cloth.  Peel off the sticker on the new tempered lens, position it, at the top and slowly place it downwards on the phone.  Then smooth with finger, or plastic scraper, credit card etc, to remove any air bubbles. 

image.png.07c4b5bed3d7e20b375def4c238c086c.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

These sell on shopee for between 9 and 25 baht.  They are really screen protectors. 

First, are you sure that it was your screen that was cracked on the edges and not a screen protector?  That is typically where the screen protectors start to chip.  Second, expect that the thin tempered lens will eventually crack and will need to be replaced.  I have an iphone 8 and I have probably changed mine 4 times.  Tiny chips in the tempered glass will start from keeping in my pocket.  You just peel off the old lens, wipe with alcohol wipe, or microfiber cloth.  Peel off the sticker on the new tempered lens, position it, at the top and slowly place it downwards on the phone.  Then smooth with finger, or plastic scraper, credit card etc, to remove any air bubbles. 

image.png.07c4b5bed3d7e20b375def4c238c086c.png

My screen had cracked from one side to the other, diagonally. It started as a small crack that took about 3 days to reach the other side.

One side of the phone edge started to chip off, I don't know why because I take care of the thing.

If you do some Net search you will find the cheap jobbies, then the better quality ones with curved edges which cover the chips, which I have..????

6 hours ago, transam said:

If you do some Net search you will find the cheap jobbies, then the better quality ones with curved edges which cover the chips, which I have

Yes you are correct.  The cheap ones are 10 to 25 baht.  The curved ones are more expensive. 
image.png.0ba4e6d8b56c4468a94138d8d4f76a8b.png

Edited by Longwood50

22 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes you are correct.  The cheap ones are 10 to 25 baht.  The curved ones are more expensive. 
image.png.0ba4e6d8b56c4468a94138d8d4f76a8b.png

Curved with the iPhone coloured front panel, I could have changed mine to black, but thought better of it....????

Oh, forgot...

Edited by transam

i got a new i phone 6 battery from apple in Hawaii for $50.  The old one was swelling up putting pressure on the screen.  They told me that is a common cause of cracked screens and that i should not leave the charger plugged in all night every night but let the battery run down to less than 50% every now and then before recharging....no idea but that is what the technician at apple told me.

• Like 1