Are electrical retail chains negotiable on price

I'm looking at buying a new refrigerator. A big smart one in excess of about 40,000 b and I've actually seen the ticketed price in the same store vary 15,000b depending upon the promotion.

I'm just wondering if anybody has had any success in negotiating the ticketed price of products. Particularly in Numchai Pattaya store, but I guess any store really.

There are large retail stores in Australia that negotiate costs and it would seem given the Thai bartering ethos that it would be the same here but I was just wanting some confirmation.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I've bought a TV in Numchai before and the salesman basically said how much you want to pay. Probably will accept well below the quoted price.

Perfect thanks for that. 

I did suspect as much with the highly fluctuating prices in the same stores.

In one store I went to they had the promotional price of the fridge on the front and when I open the door to look inside the old promotion showing 5,000 baht cheaper was on the shelf! ????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Henryford said:

I've bought a TV in Numchai before and the salesman basically said how much you want to pay. Probably will accept well below the quoted price.

Getting rid of old stock or superseded models perhaps?

21 hours ago, 1 said:

Wish I'd thought of that.

In fact we probably don't need this forum. We could just Google our questions and if we don't get a suitable answer we can just attempt whatever it is we're asking.

Thanks for your valuable input.

So you *claim* because mister X got some discount at said shop, that automaticly mister Y will also get a discount..

Your question make simply no sense, no one can tell you for sure if you get a discount in this shop, for this product..

• Confused 1

On 2/9/2022 at 11:06 PM, 1 said:

There are large retail stores in Australia that negotiate costs and it would seem given the Thai bartering ethos that it would be the same here but I was just wanting some confirmation.

The Thai barter ethos is for markets and such.. I would expect that big box stores would have a standardized set of rules as to pricing... but it doesn't hurt to ask a manager if there is a promotion coming soon... or something like that. 

• Thanks 1

I have purchased fridges, washing machines and air cons etc at the trade shows (Bitec) and always been able to negotiate the price. In fact if its a show model ive got very good discounts. The exhibiters in most cases are just independent stores. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 8:38 AM, kralledr said:

So you *claim* because mister X got some discount at said shop, that automaticly mister Y will also get a discount..

Your question make simply no sense, no one can tell you for sure if you get a discount in this shop, for this product..

Judging by your comments you must have been captain of your debating team in high school! ????

But just to clear a couple of things up.

I make no claim (not sure why you used quotation marks here) asserting that I should "automatically" (You see here the correct use of quotation marks here, though it could be argued because you misspelt automatically that my quotation is incorrect) get a discount because somebody else received one. But rather if other people have received discounts it would likely show that stores maybe open to this.

Also to say that the question makes no sense seems odd. Particularly as you appear to have been able to interpret the question I asked and answer it with your insightful suggestion! I would also note that other members have been able to seemingly easily interpret my question and provide worthwhile answers. Furthermore at no point did I assert that because someone else received a discount I would have the same entitlement. But as I already mentioned it would likely show that the stores are amiable to this type of practise.

Anyway I look forward to your next post and hope it provides more interesting comments so we can continue our semantic jousting!