House number change

We've changed rooms three times in ten years. It's the same address. I'd never bothered to notify just changed it on the extension app. 

I think the addresses are so confusing in Thailand that once in the general vicinity oftentimes the police would just simply ask how to go to a then B then C and then ultimately locate you.

Probably why my 90-day online doesn't work lol.

I've been on an oh extension for 10 years no one said anything.

Edited by TheScience

Good luck - they changed numbers here in Bangkok several decades ago and still have to use old numbers as well as new for most things.  On an online 90 day report last year was advised would not be accepted again without both numbers (field would not take both numbers for some reason when I sent it).  Have not had a chance to test as locked out of online reporting ever since.  But if doing in person would advise them of change (copy of official notice might be good to have).

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have not had a chance to test as locked out of online reporting ever since. 

Have you tried doing a report on the new site?

Much better since there is no pre approval after completing page one on the old site. Everything is on one page after logging in.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you tried doing a report on the new site?

Much better since there is no pre approval after completing page one on the old site. Everything is on one page after logging in.

Will give it a try next time - just did another mail last month as did not want to wait and fail and have to do in person until after wife got booster shot, and I should also get mine later this month.  

FYI - they back to sending only receipt/blank TM47 form back it seems.

Edited by lopburi3

On 2/13/2022 at 7:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

If the only change adding the x to the number similar to this 111/x it should not be a problem to do a 90 day report since that is a very minor change.

Are you doing your 90 day report in person or online?

In some cases a "/x" to a house number can mean a lot. I had my changed from NNN to NNN/x as there were several houses with number NNN, so the tessa ban-office decided to give anyone, apart from the original NNN, an x from 1 to 5. And it's not 5-6 houses in a row, the houses are far away from each other, spread over the old part of the village; sometimes the required maps makes good sense...????

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

In some cases a "/x" to a house number can mean a lot. I had my changed from NNN to NNN/x as there were several houses with number NNN, so the tessa ban-office decided to give anyone, apart from the original NNN, an x from 1 to 5. And it's not 5-6 houses in a row, the houses are far away from each other, spread over the old part of the village; sometimes the required maps makes good sense...????

I think a few years ago the plots were numbered as they were sold. Number 1 obviously being the first and obviously next sold was 2 even if it was 15 or 20 plots away. 

Last place we had was xxx/43 and next door was xxx/51.

????????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1