Which documents shipper from Europe to Thailand is better?

sathornlover

1 hour ago, mvdf said:

DHL hands down. Reliable and punctual.

But have a tendency to rip open envelopes to see if they or Customs can charge additional fees! That said even the Thai PO slice open envelopes and then write the contents on the customs declaration (in my case driving licence and bank card- ideal for identity theft).

The market would be open for a really secure postal service but on balance I would trust the Thai/UK Post Office more than couriers all of whoms HQ reside in another country!

• Like 2

I swear by DHL. My sister sent some documents that were given to DHL in Bath on Sunday. They were with me in Bang Saphan Noi on Thurs morning. They actually contained a bank card and renewal UK driving licence!!

I also use them to send HMRC returns from here to UK and again, a very prompt service.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grusa said:

But what about the price? Rip-off merchants, all of them!

Not really. If you want a prompt safe service then it is money worth spending. Especially with flights being a tad hit and miss during these times. You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chilly07 said:

But have a tendency to rip open envelopes to see if they or Customs can charge additional fees! That said even the Thai PO slice open envelopes and then write the contents on the customs declaration (in my case driving licence and bank card- ideal for identity theft).

The market would be open for a really secure postal service but on balance I would trust the Thai/UK Post Office more than couriers all of whoms HQ reside in another country!

Really? They x-ray and scan all packages and only open ones where what they see something that maybe doesn't match the declaration. I have had a couple of personal mail bundles that have obviously been opened for inspection here but all the envelopes inside were intact. Nothing was 'ripped' open and the resealing showed they probably use a boxcutter.

Out of over 50 DHL packages from the UK to Thailand, I did have one opened and I had to pay duty on some items. These items were something the sender had included as a small company Christmas gift but had NOT itemized on the Customs declaration.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I use DHL to/from Europe and FedEx to/from the US. Both services comparable in efficiency and cost.

OK..Here in Pattaya DHL has plenty of offices but FedEx don't.

In London I had a very negative experience with FedEx and vowed never to use them again. I used DHL in London, Pattaya   Saudi,  Bahrain  etc thanks for your info..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, worrab said:

I swear by DHL. My sister sent some documents that were given to DHL in Bath on Sunday. They were with me in Bang Saphan Noi on Thurs morning. They actually contained a bank card and renewal UK driving licence!!

I also use them to send HMRC returns from here to UK and again, a very prompt service.  

Surely cheaper and more convenient to purchase the commercial soft wear to enable your tax returns to be done on line.?

On 2/15/2022 at 12:47 PM, nchuckle said:

Surely cheaper and more convenient to purchase the commercial soft wear to enable your tax returns to be done on line.?

You are not allowed to do Self Assessment online if you live outside UK if it involves trust funds. There are forms for that and also residing forms that can only be done the old fashioned way.

Thank you very much for all the very helpful feedback, which encouraged me to to place the order with DHL. I can now also briefly describe my very positive experience I had today.

The shipment was sent on Wednesday at 1pm CET and was received today Friday at 11am at my wife's company.

Time of delivery: ~40 hours

Cost: ~60€

Tomorrow Saturday the shipment will be picked up again at 12 o'clock and delivered to the recipient on Monday 12 o'clock CET.

Cost: ~2000 bath

Impressive service that is really worth every cent/bath!

On 2/14/2022 at 1:22 PM, mvdf said:

DHL hands down. Reliable and punctual.

DHL for me just the opoosite, an absolute horror.

My son had send me bank cards 3-times within the last 5 years by registered mail.  2 times the letter has been stopped in BKK-Airport-DHL and arrived here in the North after ~6 weeks,  after using the tracking system. One time it has been "controlled" here in the Post office - until I went there. The woman (cannot say lady) at the desk took it out of the drawer in front of her belly. It has been there already some weeks!

On February 4  (Friday) I have sent my 90-days report to the IMO in Pai - by registered mail. Just until yesterday no returning of the 90-day-confirmation. A call in Pai: no, we didn't receive your mail, although the post-tracking showed me it was dlivered on Monday, February 7.

Our dogs would be 100-times more reliable!