Thailandpass requires insurance that covers quarantine of "close contacts"

33 minutes ago, jonnyscot said:

is it still a requirement to have separate covid travel cover for entry,  even if I have long stay insurance cover which includes cover for covid related issues, 

No need for separate covid insurance. 

General health insurance is sufficient,  but it must explicitly state that covid is covered. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2022 at 6:26 PM, kalynkya said:

To clarify the situation, are there no insurances that cover asymptomatic cases?

Yes, there are several that still cover asymptomatic.

And you can't choose to quarantine in our hotel or home?

Typically, if you are returning on a visa or an extension, you will have a registered home address and you would be likely be allowed to self-isolate there with your local orbortor health authority advised and checking on you. If you are a Tourist, effectively with no fixed abode, the hospitel seems more likely. However, I have been told of some people who tested +ve during their 5th-day re-test were allowed to self-isolate at the same hotel at a reduced rate and none of this alleged "10,000 baht a day" charges.

Is this the situation? Are we helpless?

It's still a rough world out there but helplessness is all in the mind.

Since there are no insurance requirements for returning Thai tourists, I assume we are immune from the "scam?"   What happens to Thais who test positive in day 1 test and go?   (I do have Covid insurance; but I'm assuming they'd just charge whatever treatment to the 'local gold card' health plan).