Work permit cancellation

Hi all, 

I am currently in the middle of resigning from my current employer, and would like some advice from anyone who is clued up on the current visa laws.

I am currently on an extension of stayn and will be cancelling my work permit at the end of the month. Once the work permit and visa are cancelled I will apply for the 7 days extension. Is it possible to get the covid visa as that has now been extended till mid March?

Once I get the 7 days extension can I then start the process of changing to a marriage or child dependency visa or do I need to leave the country?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

11 minutes ago, markdav13s said:

Is it possible to change the reason for the extension from employment to marriage?

Yes

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or child on the day your extension of stay based upon working is canceled. Then you could apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

5 minutes ago, markdav13s said:

So this has to be done on the same day as the work permit is cancelled and not before. 

Your current extension cancelation and the new extension application must be done on the same day.

Your would work permit could be canceled the day before. Some offices may want the receipt for the cancelation to cancel your extension.

• Thanks 1