Accident With A Drunken Thai

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the jokes..............but really, this thread is the wrong thread to joke about.........this is crazy........

SEX........please call the surrathani or Bangkok police or even higher up the ladder , call samui Rotary Club, lots of nice and serious thai people there.........tell them your experience, and ask them to try everyday to call the emergency numbers....... and ofcourse write about it...............sorry I cant find words........so many people living on Samui, and this can happend..... :o

I understand the jokes..............but really, this thread is the wrong thread to joke about.........this is crazy........

SEX........please call the surrathani or Bangkok police or even higher up the ladder , call samui Rotary Club, lots of nice and serious thai people there.........tell them your experience, and ask them to try everyday to call the emergency numbers....... and ofcourse write about it...............sorry I cant find words........so many people living on Samui, and this can happend..... :o

Wasn't meant to underestimate th thread, but kept it on top.

I agree - A lot of threads on this forum start off being serious but then descend into slanging matches or attempts at being funny ! I am sure that we can keep this thread relevant - perhaps broadening it to take in all corruption with police and other government offices ?

I agree - A lot of threads on this forum start off being serious but then descend into slanging matches or attempts at being funny ! I am sure that we can keep this thread relevant - perhaps broadening it to take in all corruption with police and other government offices ?

Sorry, BUT there has to be done something. we're all bad off when you can't get through to an emergency number on a tourist Isle!

And this isn't a joke!

There are a lot of topics about missing public service here on Samui, the most important is of course the total lack of legal and executive security.

No police when a farang has an accident?

No answer on the emergency number?

No answer on Tourist Police number?

Think we have to discuss these problems together with local peoples, with the Rotary Club or with any other group. Let us share some ideas to make things better. We -the expats- have to join with Samui people to make things better. At this moment I have just one idea: There is a forum on the Nathon website

http://www.nathoncity.com

this can maybe be a startup to communicate with concerned thai people and maybe it will help to make things better.

Believe me, many thai people on Samui are feeling the same like some of us here in this forum.

There are a lot of topics about missing public service here on Samui, the most important is of course the total lack of legal and executive security.

No police when a farang has an accident?

No answer on the emergency number?

No answer on Tourist Police number?

Think we have to discuss these problems together with local peoples, with the Rotary Club or with any other group. Let us share some ideas to make things better. We -the expats- have to join with Samui people to make things better. At this moment I have just one idea: There is a forum on the Nathon website

http://www.nathoncity.com

this can maybe be a startup to communicate with concerned thai people and maybe it will help to make things better.

Believe me, many thai people on Samui are feeling the same like some of us here in this forum.

Spot on. For far too long the attitude over here has been "why bother - nothing will happen".

Well I say, "let's bother - see if we can make it happen"

Keep this thread and actions alive.

About the Tourist police:

A German friend in Khon Kaen is working for the Tourist Police - yes, farangs are invitated to help them, to teach them etc. He told me that there is a brochure where the farangs working for the TP are introduced to tourists and expats. But the local TP chiefs are not willing to distribute this brochure - guess why!

All these problems are well known in Bangkok, but it is hard to keep control all over the country.

Whoever wants to know more can walk by at the TP and ask to hand out this brochure.

Claude,

Does your German friend in Khon Kaen have a work permit as he's working for the tourist police. Just a simple question as I think even if you work for a chartiable orginization there is a need for a w/permit.

It would serve everyone's interest best, if any pressure applied, concentrated on this case in particular. Trying to make it a wider issue about corruption in daily life will only serve to dilute attention on this particular case and therefore lose effectiveness as a tool to change police attitudes to doing something about further cases of this particular kind. The wider aspect is so huge that it can only be minimised by dealing with one aspect at a time.

Also I have noticed that this subject has been watched with interest( A lot of viewings). Anyone who adds comment on this topic will keep it at the top of the first page rather than letting it slip down the pages list and eventually into obscurity.

I have yet to see any feedback as to whether the Farang Tourist Police have proved to be any use by using their influence with the "real" police to push for justice in this case. Come on! Lets make these B-------s pay for what they did to this guy and maybe we will all be a bit safer on the roads. If it does not make it any safer, then at least when we are laying in our hospital beds we might be able to imagine that someone, somewhere is under a bit more pressure to make someone accountable for what they did to us.

I hope you don't mind me making this point again krap.

Samui Newspaper is closed until they will have a new editor.

They had an editor? :o

Think of Samui as an outpost on a distant planet where central command is so far away that the local authorities hold sway at the behest of the warlords, who tolerate them as long as they do as little as possible.

By the way, this story of the guy who allegedly hit this fellow is hearsay at best and rumor at worst. Nothing here is even remotely substantiated.

Personally I know of too many similar stories, where an accident happened and the driver takes off, either on foot or in his car, without caring about the person being hit. Let alone the MiB will do anything about it.

I suppose you all know why it is common place for Drivers to flee the scene after an accident? Not so long ago, and perhaps even now in some circumstances, an angry relative, spouse, or kid would come out and shoot you. The habit seems to have become a tradition, or is it vice versa.

Samui Newspaper is closed until they will have a new editor.

They had an editor? :o

Think of Samui as an outpost on a distant planet where central command is so far away that the local authorities hold sway at the behest of the warlords, who tolerate them as long as they do as little as possible.

By the way, this story of the guy who allegedly hit this fellow is hearsay at best and rumor at worst. Nothing here is even remotely substantiated.

Personally I know of too many similar stories, where an accident happened and the driver takes off, either on foot or in his car, without caring about the person being hit. Let alone the MiB will do anything about it.

I suppose you all know why it is common place for Drivers to flee the scene after an accident? Not so long ago, and perhaps even now in some circumstances, an angry relative, spouse, or kid would come out and shoot you. The habit seems to have become a tradition, or is it vice versa.

Can well be Steve,

Does this make it totally acceptable to do a runner after a Thai hits a Westerner? Guess most Thai think so, I doubt that they're actually afraid that any of us comes running after them wielding a gun.

Enquiring minds would like to know; at the end of the day, what does the local MiB do when shots have been fired in such a case?

ANYone been able to get through yet? And if so at what nr.???

SamuiJens, AFAIK, 191 only works in Bangkok and is not a country wide number. I expect the 077 number listed is the right one, did you call that number?

ANYone been able to get through yet? And if so at what nr.???

SamuiJens, AFAIK, 191 only works in Bangkok and is not a country wide number. I expect the 077 number listed is the right one, did you call that number?

Called 077, but busy. Maybe hope yet. :o

Now his wife is trying to get the story on T-ITV and she has contacted the police in Bangkok.

Nobody likes if somebody is going to ruin the life of the own family.

To be followed!

Update!

The Bangkok Police cancelled the date with Achims wife several times, in the end they want to meet his wife somewhere in a pub at 9 pm. It seemed too dangerous to her so she canceled the date and didnt go there. So what is the clue? You are farang - police is not caring about you? You want some help you have to pay money first? Or the big elephants don't like to let you play games?

I don't know.

Claude,

Does your German friend in Khon Kaen have a work permit as he's working for the tourist police. Just a simple question as I think even if you work for a chartiable orginization there is a need for a w/permit.

are you attempting to discern whether or not the tourist police in thailand obey the law they are empowered to enforce?

This really is a bizzar case.

The article will be in the July 13 issue.

We have heard all the negative responses regarding police conduct. Does anyone have any positives to say about them (govt. or tourist police)? Does anyone have a story where the police saved the day?

SEX

Claude,

are you attempting to discern whether or not the tourist police in thailand obey the law they are empowered to enforce?

Most of the police here do not so why should the tourist police be any different.?

Claude,

WHY are they NOT taking the phone????

If anyone knows?

Thank You.

Claude,

If anyone knows?

Thank You.

Maybe we are right inside of "Mars Attack" but we dont know yet????

Claude,

If anyone knows?

Thank You.

I found these numbers on the internet. Which one are you calling?

Tourist Police Nathon 077-421 281

Tourist Police Emergency number 1699

Police Stations (Thai Police) Nathon 077-421 095

Chaweng 077-422 067

Lamai 077-424 068

Maenam 077-425 070

Bophut 077-425 071

I called the numbers SBK posted and they answered.

the tourist police actually had somene answer that spoke english.

claud feller. can you tell us how is your friend?

did any police samui or bangkok come over to get details from him?

did he file or press charges against the driver? you said that the camera in nathon got a picture of the car. did you get the car number?

please upfate us if you have some new news. I have lived in samui for over 9 years and never heard a story like this before. I have heard of police doing things slowly but this story is out right nelegence.

Samui Express may not be good enough and One may consider calling on the national papers.

did he file or press charges against the driver? you said that the camera in nathon got a picture of the car. did you get the car number?

please upfate us if you have some new news. I have lived in samui for over 9 years and never heard a story like this before. I have heard of police doing things slowly but this story is out right nelegence.

Samui Express may not be good enough and One may consider calling on the national papers.

Perhaps a letter in BKK Post "Post Bag' column...to start with

As I mentioned before, the car number was not seen on the pic.

Now I repeat myself:

The Bangkok Police cancelled the date with Achims wife several times, in the end they want to meet his wife somewhere in a pub at 9 pm. It seemed too dangerous to her so she canceled the date and didnt go there. So what is the clue? You are farang - police is not caring about you? You want some help you have to pay money first? Or the big elephants don't like to let you play games?

I don't know.

The case seems to be clear:

You farang have accident with a drunken thai driver who is 100 % guilty - police do not care about you. We do not have any legal security on Samui.

Is that the risk we have to be aware while earning our livings here?

Is that what we have to explain to our wife and our kids?

National newspapers? Does somebody have any useful contacts?