PCR Tests requirement to England?

Can any one confirm if I have this correct please. I am returning to England on the 24th of February. I am fully vavinnated (3 jabs) and flying out of Bangkok Airport via Qatar Airways to Manchester. According to the lastest uk.gov website 'NO pcr test is required before departure and NO pcr test or issolation is required on arrival in England'.  I would hate to get to the airport to be told a pcr test is required to leave Thailand. Qatar Airways are stating to adhere to the countries destination, Covid 19 rerquirements. Can any one confirm if this is correct?

• Like 1

England doesn't require a PCR test on entry in your case.

Airlines may - my wife is travelling back with Emirates via Dubai and they do not require a test if just transiting in Dubai.

There should be a section on the QATAR website re transiting requirements. It seems to relate to your final destination.

• Thanks 1

Hi J1mmyCardiff

Flew back to LHR on Saturday morning 12th with Emirates, no problems they only wanted to see original certificate that got me to Thailand, not interested in my Pfizer booster Banglamung.

Make sure you do the Locator Form 48 hours before arrival UK. LHR didn't even look at it they told me they had it all on line. I was initially sent to a fast gate but it would not work so they sent me to the manned UK desks.

Now  sitting in my house in Cardiff with a slight chill due big change in temperature. Staying home and drinking loads of hot drinks so hopefully visit Cardiff pubs tomorrow.

I was on a Non O visa so just done 5 months in Thailand.

Where in Cardiff are you from.

Bob Joshua

• Like 1

I went into Qatar office to ask the same thing last week as the website and a twitter answer I got from them are not exactly clear. The office at exchange tower has been closed for two years for covid I found out, so waited on the phone. All they want to see at present are locator form and vaccination info.

Edited by clivebaxter

26 minutes ago, J1mmyCardiff said:

Thanks for your imput guys. Internationalism has got it spot on. Qatar airways only want to see a negative pcr test for countries final destination who require it. England is fine even transition through Doha (Qatar).  It's a shame it's not going to be the same on my return in April. Having to apply for Thai Pass (even my thai wife) ect, ect ...

I personally believe the UK has got this one right. Lets hope all other countries follow suit soon.

Hopefully things will have changed by April..BTW Do you disembark in Qatar

Great Information, I'm flying to Manchester with Qatar in March and had assumed I needed a PCR test but if I don't then I'll save myself the hassle. 

When coming to Thailand, what do people use for proof of Insurance? I have a Pacific Cross "Visa Friendly" policy which covers me up to $100,000 USD for Covid (requirement may have changed to $50,000 nowadays but my cover is 3.5Million THB) but as far as I can tell the Policy doesn't explicit mention Covid cover, it just says that it's covered in their brouchers / website...

Do I need to ask them for a separate certificate confirming I have the neccesary cover for Covid or will scans of my policy be enough?

Edited by Mike Teavee

1 hour ago, J1mmyCardiff said:

Thanks for your imput guys. Internationalism has got it spot on. Qatar airways only want to see a negative pcr test for countries final destination who require it. England is fine even transition through Doha (Qatar).  It's a shame it's not going to be the same on my return in April. Having to apply for Thai Pass (even my thai wife) ect, ect ...

I personally believe the UK has got this one right. Lets hope all other countries follow suit soon.

My Thai wife applied for a Thailand Pass this morning - travelling end of this month,

From booking & paying for a hotel for the Day 1&5 T&G in Bangkok, getting confirmation from the hotel, filling in Thai pass, to receiving her  Thai pass' QR code took less than 3 hrs. 

Note: Obv' she doesn't have the insurance section

Edited by Pmbkk

Yes, transit through Doha. No restrictions there. Airline (Qatar Airways) they only require documents required for visiting countries... so for England just a complete a Passenger Location Form 48 hours before flight. Flying direct to England was a good move on your behalf if you were unsure of what was required. Thanks 

On 2/14/2022 at 7:29 PM, Polar Bear said:

My husband went back to the UK about a week ago with Qatar via Doha. They only wanted whatever the UK required. At the time, that was the PLF, vaccination record and proof the Day 2 test booking, but even the Day 2 test isn't needed now.

Not wishing to hijack this topic, but has anyone got an opinion on whether this PLF will eventually be cancelled. 

I have probably missed something, but as the PCR tests are no longer needed, why is the PLF still needed?

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Not wishing to hijack this topic, but has anyone got an opinion on whether this PLF will eventually be cancelled. 

I have probably missed something, but as the PCR tests are no longer needed, why is the PLF still needed?

i agree it seems a waste of time now as it is the only thing now required to enter UK

but annoyingly i fear  it maybe kept as part of the norm

• Like 1