Getting a second Covid-19 extension in Bangkok

Hello everyone,

I arrived in Bangkok with test and go and 30 days visa exemption on December 17, 2021.

I applied and got 30 days extension.

Then, I applied and got 60 days Covid-19 extension, until April 15.

The woman who received me at Muang Thong Thani mentioned that after the two months Covid-19 extension I should leave Thailand but she didn't insist. In fact, 

it seems I can get a second extension ?

For what I read in an other post, I could apply until March 25 ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They may do another one that early if you go shortly before March 25th. You would be applying about 22 days early.

There is a very good chance they will extend the order for them again before the 25th of March.

Anyone getting denied for applying after having multiple covid extensions? I thought they mentioned something about those having multiple covid extensions already.

23 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Anyone getting denied for applying after having multiple covid extensions? I thought they mentioned something about those having multiple covid extensions already.

There is nothing in the order extending them again about a limit on them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They may do another one that early if you go shortly before March 25th. You would be applying about 22 days early.

There is a very good chance they will extend the order for them again before the 25th of March.

Ubonjoe, the OP and others, can we make a list of the paperwork needed for the Covid extension?

* TM7?

* Photo

* Copies of passport photo page, entry stamp, first extension, TM6 form

* TM30? (not needed if staying in a hotel, might be needed if staying at a private landlord's apt?

* What/where is the "Covid extension/application form"?

* And the big question mark, onward flight ticket? And if so, for when? for 60 days out from the application date (presuming you get the extension), or for any time before (and claiming it was cancelled/could not/did not want to get on a flight anywhere)?

Thanks!

Edited by sunsetlover

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He extended a 30 day visa exempt entry and Muang Thong Thani is where those are done.

Tourist visas are extended at CW.

Thanks Ubonjoe. And I just saw the affidavit we need that you posted on a thread from yesterday. So that takes care of the list, except for the last item, the possibility of an onward flight ticket.

1 hour ago, sunsetlover said:

So that takes care of the list, except for the last item, the possibility of an onward flight ticket

That stunt was being done at CW prior to Jan 25.

Haven't read any similar reports of late.

Hua Hin pulled the stunt of requiring embassy rejection email.

Lot depends on where you apply.

Very few reports of late. 

• Thanks 1

Just trying to get this clear, is the 60 day covid extension application exactly the same as the normal 30 day extension for visa exempt, except you also need to fill in the affidavit and tick box 1 (Pandemic ongoing) or box 2 (embassy won't issue letter)?

Is affidavit at immigration or do you need to print yourself beforehand?

20 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Just trying to get this clear, is the 60 day covid extension application exactly the same as the normal 30 day extension for visa exempt, except you also need to fill in the affidavit and tick box 1 (Pandemic ongoing) or box 2 (embassy won't issue letter)?

Yes 

20 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Is affidavit at immigration or do you need to print yourself beforehand?

They will give you one if you don't have one already.

• Thanks 1

We are in a similar situation, arrived on 22 Dec.  At MTT, my wife and I were both unlucky to get the infamous "dragon lady" who seems to scold and shout at everyone.

In my case, after seeing I had requested 60 days, she loudly announced "no more 60 days!" to me (this was my first ever Covid extension) then asked me to physically write down the date I would be departing, although she did not demand an air ticket.

She was not quite as aggressive with my Asian wife, but still demanded an exact departure date.

So some immigration officers would clearly prefer to stop allowing extensions if it is within their power to do so.  Not sure if we would actually attempt another extension since we plan to leave anyway, and not sure of the purpose of asking for a written departure date other than perhaps the intimidation factor.

Just another day at immigration in the Land of Smiles, really makes us feel so welcome here ????

Edited by eppic
  • Haha 1