Why Can't We Get These Food Items?

JR Texas

do you guys realize taht there are several A+W resterants in bangkok?

try siam square, sala daeng bts in silom complex and lumpini subway station by the baazar.

The root beer seems authentic and good, but whatever you do, don't order a burger! We ordered burgers at the Silom Complex and simply couldn't eat them they were so awful. Like cardboard. And the meet smelled rancid.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is that the "buyers" for these supermarkets are Thais, free of food preferences common to falang. Likewise, Brits probably have a completely different list of "vital" imported items from "Yanks".

Boy that's the truth. In Rimping CM they had a whole section devoted to canned beans. You Brits need to get over your maritime history and eat some fresh food, Jeez!

Now .. I'm going off to nosh on some Ben & Jerry's. :o

JR Texas: I suspect that not enough of us are voicing our preferences to store managers.......and after some of the managers listen and order and put it on the shelve, not enough of us are buying it. And not enough of us want to cook anything.....lazy kee kians we are.

I do think that American and British expats should start asking store managers for what we want......examples.......

American.........cobbler, cheese

Brit.......beans

American.........cornbread, turkey, corn chips

Brits......beans

American.........top quality ground round, Jimmie Deans Sausage

Brit........beans

etc., etc., :D:D

if you look you can find anything in thailand or punch in fanny craddock on the internet she's 1 of the 1st tv cooks from the 60s and 70s when you had to make everything yourself ,if the food was invented then she has a recipe for it and all ingreidientscan be found easily in thailand :D

I went into my local McDonalds in Ramsgate at 09.50 and asked for a burger ( for my wife) our shop was 5 or 6 doors away. They told me they were not serving Burgers till 10.00, only breakfasts. I walked home to ask my wife if she wanted a breakfast instead, messed around for a few minutes then returned to Macs. I got there at 10.05, ordered the breakfast only to be told I'd have to have a burger, cause they stopped serving breakfast at 10.00.

That reminds me at a movie with Michael Douglas(forget the title)when he got grazy and started shooting with a machine gun in the roof.

Gerd

I went into my local McDonalds in Ramsgate at 09.50 and asked for a burger ( for my wife) our shop was 5 or 6 doors away. They told me they were not serving Burgers till 10.00, only breakfasts. I walked home to ask my wife if she wanted a breakfast instead, messed around for a few minutes then returned to Macs. I got there at 10.05, ordered the breakfast only to be told I'd have to have a burger, cause they stopped serving breakfast at 10.00.

That reminds me at a movie with Michael Douglas(forget the title)when he got grazy and started shooting with a machine gun in the roof.

Gerd

got it.............

poster_under_licence.gif

poster_under_licence.gif

Edited by thaigerd

Gerd

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

post-39372-1183864220_thumb.jpg