Seems covid is transferred by car but not motorcycle

poppysdad

Girlfriend wanted to visit home village to check on her rice fields and sort out some other issues so off we set on a 7 hour drive. Arrived at the nearby small town and wanted some food to take to house but Tesco lotus apparently closed for 3 days due to covid, rest of town seemed open and operating normally so she shopped elsewhere. Then we drove off to her village, quite a large village but little in it. Driving through the village and just about 100 yards to her house she owns here the road is partially blocked with big signs which she translated to me saying road closed due to covid etc. No problem she says we go another way and round so is that we’re built before cars were invented and 5 minutes later we are at her house from a different direction.

Now to me where is the logic in closing just this one Soi, half way down when all the other great many sons are fully open and you can go wherever you want. And this blockage which was obviously just to stop cars as motorcycles pedestrians etc can just go through with no problem. I can only assume that those in charge are of the opinion that it’s only cars that transfer covid and all other methods…..well don’t. 

The following morning it seemed business as usual in her Soi judging by the traffic and this morning on leaving to come back to our house here her Soi is fully open but they’ve moved that same sign to another Soi. Totally pointless as you simply take another route to get to where you want to go. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Girlfriend wanted to visit home village

Would you say what province that is?

After reading in the news that PM orders governors to prepare measures against Covid increase I fear the worst.

Maybe again every of those little Napoleons wants to proof he is the toughest.

Even the much criticized health minister seems a bit ahead with understanding that there is no stopping Omicron.

Here there is some Covid panic every day.

Don't cough, don't sneeze.

But not having seen any closures or cordoned off quarantine houses since months.

A mate's wife went ballistic after learning that one of her girls friends was positive. And after a day she knows that the excitement was unfounded.

Edited by KhunBENQ