Re entering Thailand in 2022

Sorry, I hit the send button by mistake.  My question is, can I enter Thailand with my Thai wife for a month or so without a insurance policy if I can show immigration that I have at least a million Baht in my Thai bank account either with  my phone or a letter from BKK Bank in New York?

I lived in Thailand for many years on a retirement visa maintaining at least 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank.  Late in 2019 I brought my Fiancee to the US, we married, she got her green card, we planned on going back and forth until I died (Im 77 now), then Covid happened.  We would like to go back for a month or two this year.  I also have a Thai ID card, a condo, drivers licence etc. If I can show that I have more than a million Baht in my Thai bank account do I still the mandatory insurance coverage to enter the Kingdom?  Would I need a letter from Bangkok Bank NYC verifing my account or could I just show immigration my account on my phone? 

The covid 19 insurance is mandatory to get a Thailand pass.

Just checked this site that will issue the insurance up to a maximum of 99 years and it show 3700 baht for 30 days of insurance. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

How long do you plan on staying when you travel to Thailand? Since your a married to a Thai you can apply for non-o visa that will allow a 90 day stay that can be extended for 60 days to visit your wife.

You can click a button to find more insurance options on the homepage of the Thailand Pass site. See: https://tp.consular.go.th/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whacker said:

Would I need a letter from Bangkok Bank NYC

OP, do you realize that Bangkok Bank in NYC is not a Thai bank, its an American bank (US company, US banking license etc). A balance in that bank would mean nothing to Thai immigration, and they probably cant do much in the way of balance/statements/letters for a Thai account.

Its a separate bank in a separate country, not a branch office of BKK Bank Thailand.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1

I may have missed something but if you are entering Thailand can’t you just use travel insurance bought in your own country as long as it covers the stated amount? That’s what I have done before. Surely it’s wise to have good all year round travel insurance wherever you travel to?

On 2/20/2022 at 2:22 PM, Londinium said:

I may have missed something but if you are entering Thailand can’t you just use travel insurance bought in your own country as long as it covers the stated amount? That’s what I have done before. Surely it’s wise to have good all year round travel insurance wherever you travel to?

Sure...  but as long as it includes cover for COVID 19.

• Thanks 1

For the foreigners who live and work in Thailand and have Thai social insurance (SI) cards and work permits, do they still need additional Covid-19 insurance?  I was told that they don't need the Covid-19 insurance because the SI will suffice.  Any other waivers for foreigners legally working here? Anyone got a reputable source link for this?