Is online reporting this easy? Or am I missing something?

12 minutes ago, SooKee said:

The old app I can open up and log in OK but it only shows my previous reports made on the old system.

Do you mean the old online report system or the mobile app?

I can go to the old site and do a check status using the reference number number for my report done on the the new site and it is shown as approved and I can print it or the receipt for the report.

It shows on the mobile app if you use the reference number to download it.

• Thanks 1

Folks, I think  over the years I have historically been one of the most critical proponents of the shortcomings of the various Imm online TM47 90-day reporting systems rolled out.

But, it has come a long way (not perfect yet) and yes things do move slowly in Thailand.

May I suggest that you use the suggestion option in the TM47 Online Satisfaction Survey form (below wxample) to input your suggestions, issues or concerns.

I have made a couple of recommendations; like real-time synchronization between the Imm Visa renewal system and the Oracle database (that holds the form data field records for validity checking) of the new tm47 system to ensure accuracy of form data requirements.

I have also proposed an FAQ; but that really requires input from us, the users with specific questions, to build up the database of frequently asked questions and answers.

Furthermore, I have also requested individual error code allocation to each specific field of the TM47 form when a submission is rejected. 

A stretch goal but I did request; when a form fails submission in addition to the error code that points to the field in error they re-display the submitted form in its entirety with the users' data entry input and as an aside (flash what their database record excepts to see for the associated failed field entries.

Also suggested a support email address and initially a hotline for problem resolution. 

I see many comments and concerns on the new system and issues incurred by users.

If you want a better mousetrap, focus your energies on feedback to the tm47 support and development teams via the survey form.

Will they consider addressing our suggestions, concerns and issues? don't know yet, but let's feed the beast with all our input.

"Many voices speak louder than One"

image.png.76ad8d45b599c0311e5af4bae3f129bc.png

54 minutes ago, berrec said:

"Many voices speak louder than One"

Do they? Really?  How long have you been here?

Yes, the TM.30 thing did get changed, in part by a few loud voices.

If you want a better mousetrap

Who needs a better mousetrap? They work fine. Ok, maybe if you add a laser! Open to suggestions on bait: cheese or peanut butter, though.

focus your energies on feedback to the tm47 support and development teams via the survey form

Thanks, but no thanks. I've got better things to do. And I still retain my right to whinge. Yes, I know I can leave.

As a project manager I might have asked for a few focus groups to review the system, offering them a gift card and lunch for participating at a decent hotel conference room in Bangkok. It would have been like herding cats but some issue would have surfaced.

Giving honest, truthful feedback here is very, very, very risky. See hotel reviews. Doing so for an Immigration service seems extremely dangerous.

But keep feeding the beast. We're so proud of you.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you mean the old online report system or the mobile app?

I can go to the old site and do a check status using the reference number number for my report done on the the new site and it is shown as approved and I can print it or the receipt for the report.

It shows on the mobile app if you use the reference number to download it.

Now then, thanks to the comments by Ubonjoe that caused me to me to check again and do some more digging around, might be getting somewhere.  To avoid confusion, by the APP I mean the old IMM eService app (Android / iPhone).  By old site I mean the website page you could access  / use before the new site came into being.  

Yesterday, nothing would come up on either the old app or site other than old applications, prior to the one I made on 23rd.  As of today:

On the APP I can use the Check Status and if selecting 'By reference number' a list of applications comes up including the failed one from 23rd.  If I select that and follow it through to 'Download Application' nothing happens.  Maybe that's a current iPhone app glitch.  If however I search by passport details ONLY the applications that I made prior to the 23rd come up (approved and not approved). But it gets better.

What is the most helpful aspect though is that if I open the old SITE and search by passport details again it's only the pre-new site applications that show.  If I search my current pending application by reference number it's not there BUT if I search the rejected application number (from the 23rd) it DOES come up.  Also on checking the actual form by clicking 'View' it DOES show a reason as to why it failed in Thai! (Laek ti mai took dtawng).  In my case it's 'address number does not match'.  That obviously means something is up with the address but the number DOES match.  My residence is showing as a 'Hotel' and the building name was not there, not being a required field.  As an aside, my correct visa type also shows on the form (which we can't input), obviously picked up by Immigration.  They are clearly not bothering with the TM6 number either but the arrival date is there.

1076262289_Screenshot2022-02-25at15_40_04.png.a65404c04b0dda7c1a73b3a07b4cc55d.png

As it happens, as I type this, the email 'Approved' has literally just come back from Immigration.  The ONLY thing that I had changed was including the Condo name (from which they can clearly see it's a condo) and which has clearly corrected the 'address not correct' issue..

So for anyone getting a rejection you may be able to get the reason by going through the old site, searching by reference number and then viewing the submission.

Interestingly, if I search again using passport details the successful report I just made still doesn't show but I can find it by reference number.  My address still shows as a 'Hotel' though, obviously just including the condo name sorted it.  Maybe the address type etc will be ironed out in time.  Just glad to have got it working.

Edited by SooKee

On 2/25/2022 at 1:11 PM, mtls2005 said:

Do they? Really?  How long have you been here?

Yes, the TM.30 thing did get changed, in part by a few loud voices.

Who needs a better mousetrap? They work fine. Ok, maybe if you add a laser! Open to suggestions on bait: cheese or peanut butter, though.

Thanks, but no thanks. I've got better things to do. And I still retain my right to whinge. Yes, I know I can leave.

As a project manager I might have asked for a few focus groups to review the system, offering them a gift card and lunch for participating at a decent hotel conference room in Bangkok. It would have been like herding cats but some issue would have surfaced.

Giving honest, truthful feedback here is very, very, very risky. See hotel reviews. Doing so for an Immigration service seems extremely dangerous.

But keep feeding the beast. We're so proud of you.

Thanks for the comments, I did click the was "satisfied" box 55555, so hopefully they take the input as constructive user feedback experience.