Allergy nasal spray

Kenny202

Basically the answer to your question is no I haven't.

Decongestant sprays will exhibit a rebound effect after a few days.

Anti-histamines can be used successfully on a regular basis. Zyrtec make a anti-histamine nasal spray.

There are two drugs that are both anti-histamine and mast cell stabiliser (an anti-inflammatory similar to corticosteroid but without the side effects). These new generation drugs are azelastine and ketotifen. Azelastine is a nasal spray but ketotifen is an eye drop which strangely can give nasal relief through the eye. Olopatadine nasal spray is also another of these new generation drugs but may need a prescription for online.

I have used also salt water nasal sprays successfully. Nasal irrigation can help but data suggests this will eventually remove beneficial flora from the mucosa.

Most of my suggestions may not be available in Thailand, or are expensive but are available online elsewhere. Thailand seems to mainly use oral anti-histamines/decongestants or corticosteroid based nasal sprays more often that not, of these corticosteroids I have personally found Nasonex most effective.

Edited by LosLobo

4 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Basically the answer to your question is no I haven't.

Decongestant sprays will exhibit a rebound effect after a few days.

Anti-histamines can be used successfully on a regular basis. Zyrtec make a anti-histamine nasal spray.

There are two drugs that are both anti-histamine and mast cell stabiliser (an anti-inflammatory similar to corticosteroid but without the side effects). These new generation drugs are azelastine and ketotifen. Azelastine is a nasal spray but ketotifen is an eye drop which strangely can give nasal relief through the eye. Olopatadine nasal spray is also another of these new generation drugs but may need a prescription for online.

I have used also salt water nasal sprays successfully. Nasal irrigation can help but data suggests this will eventually remove beneficial flora from the mucosa.

Most of my suggestions may not be available in Thailand, or are expensive but are available online elsewhere. Thailand seems to mainly use oral anti-histamines/decongestants or corticosteroid based nasal sprays more often that not, of these corticosteroids I have personally found Nasonex most effective.

Thanks for all that. For the allergy itself have tried Fexofenadrine, Loratadine and currently using Zyrtec (Cetrozine) one a day and they are working for about half a day. Fexo I find good for skin allergies, not so much Hayfever. Cetrizine seems to be the best for me and luckily lately anyway not making me drowsy. I know they are non drowsy but used to make me feel zonked out. This year my Hayfever seems to be worse than ever.

I tried Nasal flushes and good for a better night sleep but didn't seem to help with the allergy side of things. Is Nasonex one you can only use for a period of no linger than a week or so?

14 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Thanks for all that. For the allergy itself have tried Fexofenadrine, Loratadine and currently using Zyrtec (Cetrozine) one a day and they are working for about half a day. Fexo I find good for skin allergies, not so much Hayfever. Cetrizine seems to be the best for me and luckily lately anyway not making me drowsy. I know they are non drowsy but used to make me feel zonked out. This year my Hayfever seems to be worse than ever.

I tried Nasal flushes and good for a better night sleep but didn't seem to help with the allergy side of things. Is Nasonex one you can only use for a period of no linger than a week or so?

Nasonex can be used over long periods but I would consult a doctor first.

Maybe a room air purefier is a better non-invasive option then!

Allergy Immunotherapy can work  but can take five years!

I found ChemistWareHouse in Oz a good source of  hard to find online non prescription drugs!

Edited by LosLobo