Thai girlfriend travelling to Turkey ..... she need a covid test.... Does she need a visa

Hi

my girlfriend is flying to Turkey to meet me for a 2-weeks stay,.   She is fully vaccinated with Moderna plus booster shot.

I have Googled before the Thai citizens do not need a visa to enter Turkey they are allowed a visa free re2 enter Turkey up to a period of 30 days.        But....... Is there any kind of special paperwork she needs to do beforehand does she need to do a cover test beforehand and if so what type of test would she need to do.

We have never been through this before so all answers or information are greatly appreciated

thank you

You might want to keep up to date on possible Covid restrictions on the Turkish Airlines website, I suspect they will keep it updated.

Certainly when my wife and I traveled to Istanbul, pre Covid, she didn’t need a visa but was asked how long she was staying, they also asked to see details of her flights out of Turkey.

We enjoyed Istanbul very much.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 2:39 AM, theoldgit said:

You might want to keep up to date on possible Covid restrictions on the Turkish Airlines website, I suspect they will keep it updated.

Certainly when my wife and I traveled to Istanbul, pre Covid, she didn’t need a visa but was asked how long she was staying, they also asked to see details of her flights out of Turkey.

We enjoyed Istanbul very much.

thank you so much we are going to Antalya,.     Hopefully this is the way forward for us as we will show the UK embassy not we have both enjoyed sometime outside Thailand and she has returned safely on time.

The UK are notorious for knocking back visa,s for no apparent reason only to say she would not return to her home country....... they are a bloody nightmare.

So after Turkey maybe the next trip we will do South Africa ,.  Cape town ????????