Thaksin's Supporters Threaten To Burn Themselves

bingobongo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now! nobody is suggesting that we burn down teak forrests .... just some people are offering some help!

I agree there is no need to get incendiary over all this. This represents a burning issue today in Thailand and people who comment on it shouldn't be flamed. It gets me red hot to think that we can't express our true feelings even though they may be cynical. If it's too hot to handle by some, they should read another thread. Meanwhile, I'll keep my iron in the fire.

Honestly people, even under the cover of humor, this is not funny, report sent.

Kind regards :o

Report acknowledged.

However, as distasteful as you may find it, it is a valid news report.

Provided the "dark humour" does not go too far, I see no reason why the thread cannot remain on the forum.

Honestly people, even under the cover of humor, this is not funny, report sent.

Kind regards :o

Report acknowledged.

However, as distasteful as you may find it, it is a valid news report.

Provided the "dark humour" does not go too far, I see no reason why the thread cannot remain on the forum.

:D

Likewise acknowledged, I will control my burning desire, to throw the arsenist posters into the Moderation fires of damnation.

Kind regards :D

If they're going to burn themselves would they be so kind and give us a bit of notice so we can set up some grandstands, organise food and drink stalls and sell tickets. This is a business opportunity too good to miss.

What about the marshmallows?

People out here in Asia seem to easily follow cult leaders. The question is if they are really willing to burn themselves would they be willing to use violence against others? In my view in Thailand people are are more likely to hurt themselves than others unlike in America where it would seem that people think of hurting others before hurting themselves.

If that were to be true then it doesnt bode well for the thai image.  Any psychiatrist would tell you that people who hurt themselfs are mentaly disturbed.  Yeah, i know it isnt good to hurt otheres but it is normal in some situations - like a fight etc. But what is a normal situation to self harm :o

People out here in Asia seem to easily follow cult leaders. The question is if they are really willing to burn themselves would they be willing to use violence against others? In my view in Thailand people are are more likely to hurt themselves than others unlike in America where it would seem that people think of hurting others before hurting themselves.

check out post #16 for the Americans and Canadians... :o

when is this spectacle? i would like to see with my own eyes that they are burning in hel_l... :D

pay-per-view via Satellite.... Shin Satellite.... :o

...with ongoing updates via MMS and SMS on AIS Mobile.

Edited by chinthee

Hey now! nobody is suggesting that we burn down teak forrests .... just some people are offering some help!

I agree there is no need to get incendiary over all this. This represents a burning issue today in Thailand and people who comment on it shouldn't be flamed. It gets me red hot to think that we can't express our true feelings even though they may be cynical. If it's too hot to handle by some, they should read another thread. Meanwhile, I'll keep my iron in the fire.

:o well done.... :D

Very Puny. You got a great sense of humor

Edited by Beardog

If they're going to burn themselves would they be so kind and give us a bit of notice so we can set up some grandstands, organise food and drink stalls and sell tickets. This is a business opportunity too good to miss.

What about the marshmallows?

Got Em & the hot dogs, Bring some long sticks!

Well now if we can only get the extremists in the south to joint in and light themselves on fire too. Isn’t it amazing how nature will always come to the rescue to solve problems when we humans can’t seem to do it ourselves. Thanks Darwin. :o

All joking aside, (well, some of it anyway...) anybody who would take their own life because their small village in the middle of SE Thailand nowhere got a new temple, or 30 baht doctor scheme, or whatever, is nonsense. Whether or not these "village people" care about the monumental scale of self-dealing and corruption in Bangkok under the Toxin regime, irrespective of whether or not their small mu baan benefited, is irrelevant.

The bottom line is...: I don't think anybody is going to "come on baby light my fire" over Toxin. This is my prediction. Anybody differ?

All joking aside, (well, some of it anyway...) anybody who would take their own life because their small village in the middle of SE Thailand nowhere got a new temple, or 30 baht doctor scheme, or whatever, is nonsense. Whether or not these "village people" care about the monumental scale of self-dealing and corruption in Bangkok under the Toxin regime, irrespective of whether or not their small mu baan benefited, is irrelevant.

The bottom line is...: I don't think anybody is going to "come on baby light my fire" over Toxin. This is my prediction. Anybody differ?

No. I agree.

Whilst it might be funny to theorise about a pack of dickheads self immolating, I hope it doesn't (and don't think it has) any chance of happening. No one (apart from Manson crowd) could honestly be that stupid. Could they?

Cheers,

Soundman.

Sorry, meant NE Thailand...lightening typing error...

when is this spectacle? i would like to see with my own eyes that they are burning in hel_l... :D

pay-per-view via Satellite.... Shin Satellite.... :o

...with ongoing updates via MMS and SMS on AIS Mobile.

... and if you need a loan to pay for a satellite dish or mobile phone, Capital OK is offering special low-interest loans for this occasion. Apply now and get a voucher that's good for a free flight on AirAsia.

If they would wait untill November 5th they would come in usefull.  Could make a few bob marketing

real guys to burn.  

"Make your bonfire night special this year, be the envy of your friends - burn a real guy"

NB all guys are self igniting - no matches or lighters needed

South Vietnam, 1963 (from Wikipedia):

"During this time, Madame Nhu, who was a defacto first lady due to Diem's bachelor life, inflamed the situation by mockingly applauding the suicides, referring to them as "barbeques" while Nhu stated "if the Buddhists want to have another barbeque, I will be glad to supply the gasoline"

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Edited by qualtrough