Re entry to Thailand on Multiple entry O/A extension with 440000 baht insurance

I recently got my O/A visa based on retirement extended for another year with multiple re-entry

I have a Thai insurance policy for the currently required 440000baht which is valid till March 2023. 
My questions are.
Is my policy good enough to get through immigration when I return?

If no do I require a policy stipulating US$50k or possibly US$25k if the government make a rumored change?

Is it possible to just get a policy to cover the amount required by the Thai government for example just for a week so I can get back in and then carry on living here?

Next year I will can the O/A when it’s expired by leaving and come back on a visa on arrival and just go get non O based on retirement.

Thanks

Your existing insurance would have to include covid 19 in its coverage to use if for entry.

It is $50,000 at this time and then $20,000 of coverage on March 1st and it will only need to be valid for 30 days from the day you enter the country.

• Like 1

Thanks for that my existing policy does include Covid but 440000baht is no where near US$20k.

So only 30 days insurance is all I need and no questions asked by immigration after first 90 day report and stay the remainder of my extension?

22 minutes ago, Brer said:

So only 30 days insurance is all I need and no questions asked by immigration after first 90 day report and stay the remainder of my extension?

You only need to prove the insurance when applying for a Thailand Pass and a check of it when the verity your covid 19 test was done.

Immigration does not check for the covid 19 insurance at any time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need to prove the insurance when applying for a Thailand Pass and a check of it when the verity your covid 19 test was done.

Immigration does not check for the covid 19 insurance at any time.

Excellent, thank you so much.