SANCTIONS: U.S., allies target 'fortress Russia' with new sanctions, including SWIFT ban

24 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I hope so, we will have to wait and see. 

Biden seems weak it is reported,  Super Boris is doing well but blue trunks over his trouser body frame will look a bit off. 

Excluding UK,  Europe is to suffer much economically and politically due to the current war. 

( not having good read on UK ) 

This war impact to Asian major players are fairly clear by now :  

---  India is a surprise winner, big time. 

---  China had jockeyed self to a favorable standing since the war began 1.5 months ago. 

---  Japan is a sure loser. 

---  South Korea had national election last month and new president is understandably busy. 

---  ASEAN 10  outsider did little and behaved aptly to its lightweight and by-stander standing. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, heybruce said:

The cost of supporting Ukraine is a trivial part of what NATO countries are paying for defense.  It is also much cheaper than letting Russia get away with its most massive land grab to date.  Not responding firmly enough to Russia's occupation of parts of Georgia and Crimea is what led to the invasion of all of Ukraine.

The "cost" isn't in money- it will be in bodies if the west becomes involved militarily in this conflict.

IMO only those never been in a war support another one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

COVID has not destroyed any western economy, quit with your nonsense claims to the contrary.

You don't tell me what I can post, so enough with the insults.

Quote where I said a western economy was destroyed by covid.

What I actually said in what you quoted was

"Are you willing to pay more tax to do so? Many don't, as already ruined by covid and inflation is making the cost of living rise already."

which refers to individuals, not countries.

PS, covid hasn't done anything re economies; that's down to politicians in their reaction to covid.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Once again, no western country is proposing sending troops into Ukraine.  Why do you have so much trouble with that fact?

You are correct. Probably because they know what would happen if they did so.

However, some on here seem to want that to happen, which is what I'm addressing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are correct. Probably because they know what would happen if they did so.

However, some on here seem to want that to happen, which is what I'm addressing.

Show us the posts advocating western governments sending troops into combat in Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1