my day 5 hotel has said I no longer need a day 5 due on 3/3

Nick ZepTepi

My day 5 hotel emailed and said the change in day 5 testing rules means I can get a full refund on the booking.

After following the link they provided as evidence I found this statement, which indicates I do need day 5, due to my arrival being before the new rules applied.

The following rules will be in effect from 1 March, 2022, and will also apply to travellers who have applied/obtained the TEST & GO Thailand Pass or Certificate of Entry with scheduled arrivals from this date.

I've asked the hotel for official confirmation over a news article.

Can anyone else reassure that day 5 PCR test is no longer needed, for arrivals before 1/03.

Thx

Edited by Nick ZepTepi

Your hotel has informed you correctly - The requirement for the Day 5 Test & Go will be removed for arrivals from 1st March. 

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/thailand-test-go-update-no-more-day-5-pre-paid-hotel-or-pcr-test

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/02/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

But I arrived yesterday, 27th.

When the rules did not apply.

I would like a refund and no PCR but I also do not want any issues arising later.

Then theoretically the new rules do not apply to you as this is  for arrivals on and from March 1st. 

Thus: as you arrived on 27th, you are still expected to do your day 5 Test & Go. 

BUT... IF your hotel has informed you by writing, the onus is on them. 

Personally, I would accept the Refund from the hotel - and ensure they give you the Antigen Test Kit which you can take on Day 5 and e-mail the hotel the result. 

I can’t see anyone official getting too bent out of shape over this, especially if you have proof the hotel instigated the refund and cancellation of Day 5 T&G.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

I emailed the hotel to check, and ask for official confirmation,  this was their reply, which I will use in evidence if needed.

On day 5, according to the new rules, you must be examined. But it's an ATK test, which you have to do yourself. and self-report results through the application "MorChana". This rule is effective immediately. and has retrospective effect on people who book through Thailandpass Test and Go system who have received QR code previously. (All details Please read carefully interpret and understand the link I sent earlier).

I understand your point and agree with you. But it would be great to get that refund.

I'm happy to take another ATK on day 7 or 10 and self report, as it will support my case if needed.

I've just read the other confirmation of this day 5 change for arrivals in the liminal dates.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Then the rules do not apply to you. 

This is for arrivals on and from March 1st. 

Thus: as you arrived on 27th, you are still expected to do your day 5 Test & Go. 

-------

This was the same last year when the quarantine reduced from 14 days to 10 (from 1st April).

Those who arrived on 31st March still had to complete 14 days quarantine getting out on 14th April.

Whereas those who arrived on 1st April go out on 11th. 

Fortunately it seems that there is a more reasonable response this time. See previous message,

I also came in last year on April 1 and only had to do a 7 day quarantine. Did a similar 7 day quarantine in October.

• Like 1

I arrived in Thailand on the 25th and was booked to do my day 5 test in Hua Hin today, so I have been trying to get confirmation for the past few days if I could cancel the day 5 booking or not.

Different stories coming from different people as usual.. I called the number for Test & Go yesterday and was told that I could just do an ATK test and submit the result on Morchana. I then went ahead and cancelled my day 5 hotel and PCR test. Hotel was happy to cancel and give me a refund.  

This morning I done my ATK but could not find anyway to submit results on to the Morchana app, so I called back to the T & G number. I spoke with a different woman, who told me that I must do the day 5 Test & Go!

Luckily the hotel in Hua Hin was still able to take me. I hope to get my results early evening. If so I will check out and drive the 30 minutes back to my house to sleep in my own bed. Bit of a farce but only a few more days and nobody will have to waste the time and money doing this anymore. 

What would have happened if I never came here for my 2nd test, who knows but as I live here, I thought it was best not to tempt fate.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:38 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed....(I’d already edited my post a little)

.... the response that Nick Zep Tepi received from his hotel removes all ambiguity.

This is good news for anyone arriving within the transition period. 

------

I think its a good idea to name these hotels which have operated very fairly in offering quick refunds, because some are reportedly dragging their hells.

At some point in the future the requirement for Day 1 Test & Go will be removed and those who have bookings will need their refunds with those too. 

I booked all mine through Agoda who have also been helpful in giving refunds back to payment card.

They even refunded a mistaken double booking for day 1 but only in their Agoda cash /store credit thing.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:37 PM, Pmbkk said:

My wife arrived at 12.10 p.m today ( 28th ) Thai time.

She has been informed she must still do the day-5 Hotel stay/PCR test.

Bad luck for your wife, but formally not wrong.

There are articles in today's main media (I don't think they can be linked) that explain how the Gov't is encouraging hotels to refund the 5th day if possible, either with money or at least with credit, but does not want to enforce it.

22 hours ago, bungalow1969 said:

I arrived in Thailand on the 25th and was booked to do my day 5 test in Hua Hin today, so I have been trying to get confirmation for the past few days if I could cancel the day 5 booking or not.

Different stories coming from different people as usual.. I called the number for Test & Go yesterday and was told that I could just do an ATK test and submit the result on Morchana. I then went ahead and cancelled my day 5 hotel and PCR test. Hotel was happy to cancel and give me a refund.  

This morning I done my ATK but could not find anyway to submit results on to the Morchana app, so I called back to the T & G number. I spoke with a different woman, who told me that I must do the day 5 Test & Go!

Luckily the hotel in Hua Hin was still able to take me. I hope to get my results early evening. If so I will check out and drive the 30 minutes back to my house to sleep in my own bed. Bit of a farce but only a few more days and nobody will have to waste the time and money doing this anymore. 

What would have happened if I never came here for my 2nd test, who knows but as I live here, I thought it was best not to tempt fate.

2 people, including me, have written confirmation from hotels that we don't have to do the day 5. Today is my day 5 and I am waiting for the notification in the Morchana app to upload test results. People in other posts said they didn't get notices to upload until day 6 or day 7 or that some hotels had trouble uploading with the app. Hopefully, I'll soon find out who was right but at least I have written confirmation from a hotel that has a dedicated manager for Covid stays.