Thailand Pass Application Requirements

Hello All,

Help needed please re Thailand Pass Application. 

I'm from UK with British passport, want to book flight to come to Thailand in March and then apply for the Thailand Pass in the next week (after 1st March).

My intention was to come for upto 5 months and to enter Visa Exempt(30 days), extend that(further 30 days) and then change to a Non Imm O Visa(90 days), in total 150days.      
FYI I don’t want to extend Non Imm O at this point in time, maybe in the future I will go down this route. 
While researching the requirements for the Thailand Pass on the Royal Thai Embassy London website, the last requirement says that All Nationals that are eligible for Visa Exempt entry and intend staying for longer than 30 days should apply for a Visa and not enter Visa Exempt. 

1. Is the Thailand Pass only to allow entry or does it also state length of stay allowed? (I would have insurance for          the whole 150 days)

2. Does anybody know if I would be refused Thailand Pass/entry if I applied/entered Visa exempt??

3. Would a throw away flight at the end of the first 30 days get me past this requirement and then I could stay as I originally intended?

TIA for constructive answers & information 

Edited by PMTRAVELS
Additional question/info

1. Thailand Pass is for any type of entry. Its does not confer any duration of stay, that is done in the normal way - either a 30 day exempt entry or a visa.

2. No you will not be refused.  The Thailand Pass site only asks you the estimated date of leaving. But your insurance must cover the length of stay you state on the application.

3. A throw away ticket or 'temporary ticket' out should get you in if you are booking a one way flight from the UK. It should be for the last day you are stamped in for (30 day exempt).

As for your planned length of stay - 150 days, I'll leave the visa experts to answer that but as far as I know, you cannot apply for a Non O in Thailand unless its for retirement.

Tourist Visa or STV seems the best way to go for you.  There is (was?) a Multi Entry Tourist Visa - not sure if that's available at the moment - as I say, I'll leave that for the experts. Note: as far as I know, both the TV and STV must be applied for in the UK or any other country where you have legal residence. I don't think you can apply in Thailand.  I doubt your going to get your 150 days without doing a visa run at least once.

As was pointed out to me recently - don't rely on the information on the Thai Embassy London's website information.  That says that the STV has finished when in fact it was extended for a further year.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1