Thailand reports 20,420 new COVID-19 cases, 43 deaths, 18,297 recoveries

webfact

COV1.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Tuesday (March 1) reported 20,420 new COVID-19 cases, 18,297 recoveries and 43 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 2,912,347 with 22,976 deaths.

The news comes as the government and the private sector join forces to develop antibody nasal spray to prevent COVID-19 infection and expect to launch the new product within this year.

Five partners from the government and the private sector collaborate on the project. They are the Faculty of Medicine from Chulalongkorn University, Silpakorn University, the Health Systems Research Institute, the Government Pharmaceutical Organization and Hibiocy Co.

*TNA contributed to this report

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update1MAR).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-01

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Of course no ATK tests it will show that we are still not peaking, but that the numbers are going down... But in the meantime we all know better.. look in your surrounding and see how many people are infected already. It always has to look good.... On their website ATK test positive 21.497

Edited by ikke1959

Mods, forgive me if this is deemed as off topic.

Just a bit of info for the members of AN.

I am not sure how may of this brand of ATK are in circulation. After using three kits that

were supplied by a nation wide food outlet that my girlfriend works for (after informing them she has been in contact with a positive case), none of the tests have came back positive. This may be due to a bad batch however.

IMG_3356.thumb.JPG.8997ada3f29ff9a1e80d2291be21c059.JPG

My ATK's from the UK and this one purchased from a pharmacy have both detected CovidIMG_3357.thumb.JPG.aedbb5952928ca4e88b41cc2ffd31ea1.JPG

Edited by WHansen
purchase location correction
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

PCR test positive cases, total of 20,420 official new infections. 43 official covid deaths recorded.

No updates on official dashboard today yet for ATK, hospitals etc?

Rolling 7 day average chart from 27th Feb for confirmed cases and deaths 

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

image.png.7bf608d959fb6b3044099d95eaa4d52f.png

image.png.5d2474c11574b2bf87e192ba9149385f.png

I can't see that the 'dashboard' has been updated at all.  Is the Ministry of Health going to stop issuing COVID stats?

34 minutes ago, WHansen said:

I am not sure how may of this brand of ATK are in circulation. After using three kits that

were supplied by a nation wide food outlet that my girlfriend works for (after informing them she has been in contact with a positive case), none of the tests have came back positive. This may be due to a bad batch however.

I can't tell from the two images you've posted above... But, testing has shown that the nasal swab ATK tests are slow to pick up new Omicron infections (i.e. give false negative readings), and that the saliva-based tests do a much better job of catching Omicron infections in their early stages.

Then, of course, there's the added potential that ATK test kits Thailand may have imported from China on the cheap may not be particularly reliable.

3 hours ago, WHansen said:

Mods, forgive me if this is deemed as off topic.

IMG_3356.thumb.JPG.8997ada3f29ff9a1e80d2291be21c059.JPG

My ATK's from the UK and this one purchased from a pharmacy have both detected CovidIMG_3357.thumb.JPG.aedbb5952928ca4e88b41cc2ffd31ea1.JPG

Did you make the tests with two different kits the same day? Omicron is usually detected only 2 or 3 days after first symptoms.

46 minutes ago, superal said:

Covid stats reporting would be more useful if they were giving local figures i.e. province and town , if indeed the testing criteria is country wide .

They do give separate Province stats along with other relevant info, from the link just use the drop down menu

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/index.php?dashboard=province

Here is Phuket and as you can see it has a 69.25% positivity rate.

image.png.2827c04283cef93b3d1496c5b209064d.png

• Like 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 22,197 new coronavirus cases, 45 deaths, 19,093 recoveries

COV2.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Wednesday (March 2) reported 22,197 new COVID-19 cases, 19,093 recoveries and 45 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1252006-covid-19-thailand-reports-22197-new-coronavirus-cases-45-deaths-19093-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin