Forage Harvesters

Yes they is a market ,some small 4-5 men workshops have been making direct cut forage harvesters for 30 years plus ,again  no key players we have firm near me that makes them mostly for a local market .

They is a firm in Pharphutabaht in Saraburi province they make them ,they  new  modal has the chopper fixed to the tractor,not towed,cut grass or what ever and blows it in to a trailer towed behind.

Over the past 4-5 years they have been an increase in 1or2 row harvesters,broght in to cut Napier grass ,or failed crops of maize,due to a drought ,most of these are imported from Turkey ,they seem to make a good job cut an even sample .

The good thing about both these harvesters especially the Thai made one, they can be used with low HP tractors, 23 hp tractors are often used on them as well as pulling a trailer .

The smaller imported ones would need a minimum  of 40hp without too much strain on the tractor. 

• Like 2

Hi.

I have got in contact with a man in nakhon ratchasima, and he is working for CLAAS, and he also import many equipment from europe. he is educated in the US, so he speaks very good english. He  seems to be a good and friendly person.

he knows alot about forage harvesters.

send me a message if you want to get in contact with him. 

4 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Hi KS, What sort of money for those units?

Hi IA

The Orange one is the locally made one this one is the new model  with the chopper mounted on a frame,this one is about 120 000 baht ,this was a year agos's price,they are a direct chop cut about 1 meter cut ,like I said good for small tractors ,but the chop is not even  stems tend to get chopped up OK ,but the leaves where feed vale is tend to be a long chop ,and cattle will not eat all the feed like would a short chop that is mixed in with the rest of the chop.

But,for your averge Thai cattle farmer on a cut and cart system they work ok ,locale made spear parts  no problem ,shop at the end of your Soi could well fix it.

The other one is the imported one from Turkey ,last I heard they were 160 000 baht ,it has a rotary drum which will give you an even shot chop good for silage ,it can cut grass or corn .

This tractor I think was 36 hp the owner said it can cut grass of corn ,it would be a bit slow as it will be towing a trailer as well ,the spout can rotate to give you an even fill of the trailer .

They is a 2 row model ,but you would need something like a Ford to work it.

RIMG0976.JPG

RIMG0977.JPG

RIMG1038.JPG

• Like 2

WOW, look at the telephone number on this thing! Laser cut! Shows just how far things have come in the last 15-20 years. When I started looking for implements "hand painted" or stencilled was the normal for the best. I am feeling so old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, kickstart said:

Hi IA

The Orange one is the locally made one this one is the new model  with the chopper mounted on a frame,this one is about 120 000 baht ,this was a year agos's price,they are a direct chop cut about 1 meter cut ,like I said good for small tractors ,but the chop is not even  stems tend to get chopped up OK ,but the leaves where feed vale is tend to be a long chop ,and cattle will not eat all the feed like would a short chop that is mixed in with the rest of the chop.

But,for your averge Thai cattle farmer on a cut and cart system they work ok ,locale made spear parts  no problem ,shop at the end of your Soi could well fix it.

The other one is the imported one from Turkey ,last I heard they were 160 000 baht ,it has a rotary drum which will give you an even shot chop good for silage ,it can cut grass or corn .

This tractor I think was 36 hp the owner said it can cut grass of corn ,it would be a bit slow as it will be towing a trailer as well ,the spout can rotate to give you an even fill of the trailer .

They is a 2 row model ,but you would need something like a Ford to work it.

RIMG0976.JPG

RIMG0977.JPG

RIMG1038.JPG

Spot on KS. To my knowledge there is the "red" Thai brand and the "yellow" Turkish brand Celikel imported to Thailand. Thai importer is a company called 108 agriculture.

But in your lowest picture it is a row harvester, mostly used for corn silage or row planted napier grass (which is by then too large anyway to have nutritional value for cows).

I added the picuture of the forage harvester from Celikel. It's towed sideways from a tractor and a small trailer can be attached to collect the cut forage.

About Claas, to my knowledge they are only selling/importing the huge self-propelled corn/forage harvesters, that cost a fortune. The small machines from India aren't being imported.

maxresdefault.jpg

UTB8jlm8X22JXKJkSanrq6y3lVXam.jpg_640x640.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CLW said:

Spot on KS. To my knowledge there is the "red" Thai brand and the "yellow" Turkish brand Celikel imported to Thailand. Thai importer is a company called 108 agriculture.

But in your lowest picture it is a row harvester, mostly used for corn silage or row planted napier grass (which is by then too large anyway to have nutritional value for cows).

I added the picuture of the forage harvester from Celikel. It's towed sideways from a tractor and a small trailer can be attached to collect the cut forage.

About Claas, to my knowledge they are only selling/importing the huge self-propelled corn/forage harvesters, that cost a fortune. The small machines from India aren't being imported.

maxresdefault.jpg

UTB8jlm8X22JXKJkSanrq6y3lVXam.jpg_640x640.jpg

That Celikel chopper is basically the same design as a Thai one but off set ,which is better ,meaning  you are not running on  the crop flattening the grass, so the chopper will not pick it up,like I said ,look at the length of the chop only good for feeding in a fresh form to cattle ,you would have a job to make any good quality silage ,chop length just to long 

You are right about Napier grass ,how many times has it been wrote about Napier grass being way past its best when chopped for cattle ,almost better off feeding rice straw.

About Class equipment ,again you are right ,I saw a big 300 hp self-propelled forage harvesters at a dairy show  a few years ago ,just way to big for Thailand ,even some tractors are 100 hp plus,good tractors but just to big for LOS .

In this area we have a small firm making choppers they are blue some have been around for a long time ,if you see one look at drive chain ,the 90-degree turn is done by using a differential  unit from an old pick up ,Thai ingenuity

• Like 2