Family coming soon what are the rules?

bert bloggs

My sister and her husband and daughter want to come over ina few months to visit ,what are the rules now ,i believe onleaving the UK they have to have a test before boarding ,but now on arriving and coming to stay with us in Pattaya what do they have to do ? Anyone know the rules now? And do you reckon they will change soon ? 

Congratulations that you didn't have to care about this topic.

You must be the only foreigner not having heard about Test&Go, Sandbox :biggrin:

Endless threads, posts, misc. Twitter, Youtube etc.

To start with: your family member are fully vaccinated?

Else quarantine.

So for a start the latest TaT news:

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/02/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

want to come over ina few months

Rules have just changed/relaxed.

But everyone hopes that in a "few months" more relaxation will happen. "Soon" sounds different.

Crystal ball required.

Be optimistic.

Edited by KhunBENQ

They will have to get a PCR test within 72 hours of departure and also apply for a "Thailand Pass" which currently entails proof of insurance and vaccination plus pre payment of a one day quarantine package at an approved hotel with additional PCR test. Please see the many threads on this in the Thailand Visa subforum.   While things may relax more by late in the year, in the nearer term they may tighten as cases here are still on the increase.  I would suggest to make the Thailand Pass application sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

They will have to get a PCR test within 72 hours of departure and also apply for a "Thailand Pass" which currently entails proof of insurance and vaccination plus pre payment of a one day quarantine package at an approved hotel with additional PCR test. Please see the many threads on this in the Thailand Visa subforum.   While things may relax more by late in the year, in the nearer term they may tighten as cases here are still on the increase.  I would suggest to make the Thailand Pass application sooner rather than later. 

Thanks they have booked their flights for june through a travel agent but he seems to know nothing ,they are all fully vacinated ,when should they apply for a Thailand pass and how? Sorry if i seem dim but i have not had to check this before and are there anyhotels in pattaya  that they can stay the night at?

Thanks for your help

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Thanks they have booked their flights for june through a travel agent but he seems to know nothing ,they are all fully vacinated ,when should they apply for a Thailand pass and how? Sorry if i seem dim but i have not had to check this before and are there anyhotels in pattaya  that they can stay the night at?

Thanks for your help

I would wait until closer to the time to see how the restrictions or conditions have changed.

Have to ask why on earth they would book flights through a 3rd party provider and not direct with the airline!?

12 minutes ago, ed strong said:

I would wait until closer to the time to see how the restrictions or conditions have changed.

Have to ask why on earth they would book flights through a 3rd party provider and not direct with the airline!?

They normaly do but thought because of regulations now it would be better.

On 3/3/2022 at 11:51 AM, Sheryl said:

Hi Sheryl

Thanks for your replies,my sister just asked when she books a room for one night for her her husband and 13 year old daughter is the price quoted per person as that would make it about 15000 baht for one night, also if they decide to stay for a few more nights does the cost go back to normal for those days? Thanks

15 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Hi Sheryl

Thanks for your replies,my sister just asked when she books a room for one night for her her husband and 13 year old daughter is the price quoted per person as that would make it about 15000 baht for one night, also if they decide to stay for a few more nights does the cost go back to normal for those days? Thanks

Some hotels have family rooms/will allow more than person in one room, you have to ask. In that case the cost for the second & third persons are less than for the first (but you may have ti get a larger room or a suite).

If you stay beyond the initial Test & Go period the room rate becomes the normal one for that hotel.  Much of the Test&Go cost is for the PCR test and the private transport from the airport.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Some hotels have family rooms/will allow more than person in one room, you have to ask. In that case the cost for the second & third persons are less than for the first (but you may have ti get a larger room or a suite).

If you stay beyond the initial Test & Go period the room rate becomes the normal one for that hotel.  Much of the Test&Go cost is for the PCR test and the private transport from the airport.

Thanks i will let her know ,thats good news

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Thanks i will let her know ,thats good news

There is a facebook group you could post inquiries on, might find someone who has stayed in a family room or suite in Pattaya

https://www.facebook.com/groups/asqinthailand/?multi_permalinks=3110219115925400&notif_id=1645941841866185&notif_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2022 at 10:17 AM, Sheryl said:

There are different views on this.

Those who think regulations will be easier in June would say wait till closer to then.

Those of us who think regulations may be worse, would say do it within this month.

Personally I think case count will continue to climb for the next few months as Omicron has far from peaked here and it is not yet the peak season for respiratory-spread infections.  Givt has made some noise to the effect that if the count has not come down by end of march unspecified restrictions may be imposed 
https://aseannow.com/topic/1252135-thailand-has-”all-of-march”-to-avoid-new-covid-restrictions/

Now whether govt response would affect  Test& Go, or make it more restrictive, is anyone's guess. The spread here has nothing to do with arriving foreigners but govt COVID responses here are not always (or even usually) rational.

In terms of Test & Go hotels, see https://asq.in.th/pattaya-test-and-go-hotels

I suggest you book at a place that will refund if T&G is cancelled. You will find hotel cancellation policies listed on the site above after you click on a particular hotel.

Hi Sheryl. If they tighten up borders, d’you think they’d honour those who already have a Thai Pass? Might be wrong, but Didn’t they continue to let in those already in the system when they tightened up earlier in the year?

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Hi Sheryl. If they tighten up borders, d’you think they’d honour those who already have a Thai Pass? Might be wrong, but Didn’t they continue to let in those already in the system when they tightened up earlier in the year?

They did .  In fact I was one of those who was out of the country when they abruptly stopped Test & Go but luckily already had my Thailand Pass approved so could come back on it.

• Like 1

There’s no harm in them looking at all the requirements for now.

1) Pre-travel PCR (for whole family including children)

2) Test & Go Clearance

- Insurance Policy (20,000 baht min cover) each for all travellers.

- Test & Go Hotel Booking at SHA Plus Extra(+) hotel  - Including PCR tests (for all) and Airport trx. 

- Proof of Full Vaccination (for all Adults)

An understanding that IF any of the party tests positive they may ALL be forced to quarantine in a hospitel isolation. 

Then... after evaluating all that, they can choose to take a trouble free break in Tenerife !

• Like 2