Vietjet to Chiang Mai

KhaoYai

I have a flight from Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai with Vietjet on 16 March and I'm struggling to get correct information from either the airline or the booking agent.

I am trying to get information on any precautions that may be required for travel as a result of Covid 19.  I would point out that no precautions were mentioned on either the booking confirmation from the agent Opodo or on the ticket sent by the airline.

I have given up trying to get information from Opodo - they are probably the worst agent I have even booked with, this was my first booking with them and it will be the last.  When I try their telephone lines and enter my details, an automated message tells me they are busy dealing with customers who's flights are prior to mine - please use their Live Chat service. The Live Chat firstly is a Bot that cannot answer my questions and after entering 'Agent' several times, tranfers you to an agent but gives a very long wait time.  Worse still, you cannot move from your computer as every few minutes you are asked if you wish to continue waiting - if you're not there to answer, you are disconnected.  Anyway..... enough of that!

Vietjet sent me a notification of a slight change in flight times with my ticket which was in Vietnamese language.  I e-mailed them to advise but once again they sent me the same e-mail and ticket in Vietnamese.  On the second attempt I finally got an English version of the ticket and an apology - fair enough.  Nowhere on the ticket does it mention any Covid precautions but I took it upon myself to e-mail again and ask.  Below is the content of the reply I received today:

Dear Passenger, 

Regarding your email, we would like to inform you that the Travel Measures for Domestic flights entering Chiangmai International Airport are as follows: (choose either one of the documents)
  1. Passengers must show the Negative of Covid-19 test results within 72 hours before the flight departure (RT-PCR or Antigen Rapid test method or ATK  negative test result from medical facilities ) upon check-in. 
  2. or
  1. Fully vaccinated of Covid-19 vaccine (according to the requirements of each vaccine, except AstraZeneca can enter 14 days after the 1st injection). 
  1. Register your information at CM-CHANA Webpage( https://cmsdm.net/COVIDH/cm_rule.php) at least 24 hours prior to your arrival.
Remark: For further information about Covid-19 travel documents requirement, please visit the website www.moicovid.com/ข้อมูลสำคัญ-จังหวัด/

Best regards,

Amika K.

Contact Center Support Team

Does anyone know what they mean by 'except AstraZeneca'  - I know that AZ is an acceptable vaccine in Thailand and in Vietnam.  As it happens, I am fully vaccinated but my vaccinations are indeed, AZ.  I am currently in the UK and neither of the links in the above e-mail content will work - I don't know if that's a geographical thing but they won't work for me.

I have asked Vietjet to explain but they take a long time to reply.  If I need to change airlines - the flight prices are going up in price daily as it gets nearer to the flight time.

As it happens I will have a PCR test result available as I will have been tested at my quarantine hotel the day before - however, I am aware that some airlines want the test result to include a Fit to Fly certificate which I am sure will not form part of my test result.

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Given that the flight cost me 1500 return - that would be crazy.  I'll wait for Vietjet's reply - you and I read a different meaning in their current wording.

I know AZ is OK in Thailand - it is in Vietnam too - that's what surprised me, at least going by my interpretation.

Edited by KhaoYai

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Given that the flight cost me 1500 return - that would be crazy.  I'll wait for Vietjet's reply - you and I read a different meaning in their current wording.

I know AZ is OK in Thailand - it is in Vietnam too - that's what surprised me, at least going by my interpretation.

Yes the BPH service was purely for informational purposes. The two sentence clause you're concerned with is about a two week period where you can or cannot travel depending on the interpretation  but it is not saying the AZ vaccine is inappropriate. Your vaccinations were not in the last two weeks so the warning is irrelevant to you. Good luck

5 hours ago, treetops said:

You're good to go with Astra Zeneca 2 weeks after a first jab is how I read it.

Well that's 2 of you so I'll go with the flow ????. I'm holding you both responsible ????.

However, they are a bloody useless outfit, they take days to reply and instead of dealing with the enquiry, they simply repeat the same e-mail time after time.  Each time they include links to - 'more information on covid policy' and to register on CM Chana. I reply that the links don't work - they send the same ones again. I'm just going to go to their office when I arrive at Suvarnabhumi - probably un-manned.

I've had no less than 4 itinerary changes so far and each time they write to me in Vietnamese.  When I send a reply I get an automated reply in Thai. 

I asked them to please send me an English version of the amended ticket - which they did with full apologies.  Today, another itinerary change - in Vietnamese ????.

I give up.

I really need some help here guys:

Vietjet are insisting that I register on the CM Chana App 24 hours before I travel.  I have been told that the APP is no longer needed. However, the link they send me doesn't work - or it won't work from here (UK).

Every time I ask Vietjet about the problem they simply repeat the same e-mail - except in the latest reply they have simply missed off the CM Chana link. Neither of the links in the reply below work for me.

Does anyone have a working link to the CM Chana App in English or anything that says its ended?

Dear Passenger, 

Regarding your email, we would like to inform you that the Travel Measures for Domestic flights entering Chiangmai International Airport are as follows: (choose either one of the documents)

1. Passengers must show the Negative of Covid-19 test results within 72 hours before the flight departure (RT-PCR or Antigen Rapid test method or ATK  negative test result from medical facilities ) upon check-in. OR
  2. Fully vaccinated of Covid-19 vaccine (according to the requirements of each vaccine, except AstraZeneca can enter 14 days after the 1st injection). 
  3. Register your information at CM-CHANA Webpage( https://cmsdm.net/COVIDH/cm_rule.php) at least 24 hours prior to your arrival.
Remark: For further information about Covid-19 travel documents requirement, please visit the website www.moicovid.com/ข้อมูลสำคัญ-จังหวัด/

Edited by KhaoYai

I really need some help here guys:

Vietjet are insisting that I register on the CM Chana App 24 hours before I travel.  I have been told that the APP is no longer needed. However, the link they send me doesn't work - or it won't work from here (UK).

Every time I ask Vietjet about the problem they simply repeat the same e-mail - except in the latest reply they have simply missed off the CM Chana link. Neither of the links in the reply below work for me.

Does anyone have a working link to the CM Chana App in English or anything that says its ended?

Dear Passenger, 

1. Passengers must show the Negative of Covid-19 test results within 72 hours before the flight departure (RT-PCR or Antigen Rapid test method or ATK  negative test result from medical facilities ) upon check-in. OR
  2. Fully vaccinated of Covid-19 vaccine (according to the requirements of each vaccine, except AstraZeneca can enter 14 days after the 1st injection). 
  3. Register your information at CM-CHANA Webpage( https://cmsdm.net/COVIDH/cm_rule.php) at least 24 hours prior to your arrival.

A few days ago I flew from Phuket to Suvarnabhumi return on Vietjet and was never asked for anything to do with vaccinations, although I did take my little yellow vaccination but with me!

However, the link they send me doesn't work - or it won't work from here (UK).

It doesn't work from Thailand either if it's any consolation.  From memory there was no phone app as such but a web address such as you found where you completed some details and received a response.  I'm not 100% sure but this could be it:

https://cmsdm.net/img_2/poster2en.jpg

Scan the QR code to open the questionnaire page.

FWIW, the Lionair website points to the same link as you got from Vietjet so it's more than likely obsolete.  When I completed the questionnaire a while back it was never asked for anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treetops said:

It doesn't work from Thailand either if it's any consolation.  From memory there was no phone app as such but a web address such as you found where you completed some details and received a response.  I'm not 100% sure but this could be it:

https://cmsdm.net/img_2/poster2en.jp

Scan the QR code to open the questionnaire page.

FWIW, the Lionair website points to the same link as you got from Vietjet so it's more than likely obsolete.  When I completed the questionnaire a while back it was never asked for anyway.

Its OK, I got in touch with the TAT and they confirmed that the CM Chana App has been cancelled as of 4 March.  I sent a copy a copy of the order to Vietjet. Thanks