50,000-100,000 New COVID Cases Possible in April

snoop1130

FM_cvjvaIAcHvtL-768x576.jpg

BANGKOK, March 4 (TNA) – The Public Health Ministry warns that new COVID-19 caseloads can reach 50,000-100,000 on April 19 unless people strictly protect themselves from infection.

Dr Sophon Iamsirithaworn, deputy director-general of the Department of Disease Control under the Public Health Ministry, said new COVID-19 cases in Thailand were rising like in other countries including South Korea and Vietnam, each of which logged about 100,000 new cases a day, because of the highly contagious Omicron variant.

He said that if people failed to protect themselves well, new caseloads in the country could reach 50,000-100,000 on April 19.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-895566

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-03-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

If no one stands up and tells me who did it, the whole class is in detention.

Terrible schoolboy propaganda, some rhetoric, different era.

They are just trying to get rid of the stock of jabs the have been given.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

It might be peaking right now. Could be well into the decline by April

I think that is probably true.  Vietnam is going through a big wave right now and they said it will probably peak in another week.  So far they are going full steam ahead with their tourist opening March 15 and saying they will be treating Covid as endemic moving forward, so that's a good sign.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

I think that is probably true.  Vietnam is going through a big wave right now and they said it will probably peak in another week.  So far they are going full steam ahead with their tourist opening March 15 and saying they will be treating Covid as endemic moving forward, so that's a good sign.

https://thediplomat.com/2022/02/ahead-of-vietnam-tourism-opening-daily-omicron-toll-nears-100000/

as I said before, Thailand could learn so much from VN on dealing with actual testing numbers, vaccinating their citizens,  living with covid, and reopening the country without the fear and scaremongering. 

4 hours ago, BayArea said:

https://thediplomat.com/2022/02/ahead-of-vietnam-tourism-opening-daily-omicron-toll-nears-100000/

as I said before, Thailand could learn so much from VN on dealing with actual testing numbers, vaccinating their citizens,  living with covid, and reopening the country without the fear and scaremongering. 

Man I don't understand what your talking about.reopening the country with out fear and scaremongering?vietnam has been closed for the past 2 years,it had some extremely strict lockdowns, as of today still no tourist visas, they still haven't decided about what requirements people need to enter, yesterday they were talking again about 2 or 3 days quarantine hotel and 2 to 3 tests before your free to roam.

So many people I know, so much anecdotal evidence, and having it myself tells me that those numbers were already achieved during February. The great news is that only one person I know was quite sick, he’d had 2 jabs but no booster, most like me, had mild symptoms .

And how many deaths?  Will most deaths WITH covid be over the median age of death from all causes?

No one really cares about cases given the small death rate.  Same reason no one cares about the cases of the other coronavirus known as the common cold.

• Like 1